kapureef

Purge

kapureef

I have a dwg that only has two used layers. So I urged to minimize the size, yet I still have layers with nothing on them. I cannot get rid of them. Any suggestions?

Why are the layers remaining?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx:(

BIGAL

The same thing happens in CIV3D and its tied to the Styles and the layers used by them, in CIV3d you can delete unused styles and purge layers. But it still leaves quite a few. The only way may be to wblock the dwg.

OMEGA-ThundeR

LAYDEL command, nuf said :)

kapureef

Thank you:D

MillerMG
LAYDEL command, nuf said :)

Was going to suggest the same, Nice

tombu

As deleting Civil 3D layers referenced by styles could create havoc I would recommend creating a layer filter instead of deleting a layer being used by something in the drawing.

Cad64

Be careful with the LAYDEL command because it can and will delete layers that are currently being used in the drawing, so watch closely and make sure you're not deleting layers that you actually need.

MillerMG
Be careful with the LAYDEL command because it can and will delete layers that are currently being used in the drawing, so watch closely and make sure you're not deleting layers that you actually need.

VERY good point. Didn't think of that. Nice Cad64. As usual :notworthy:

OMEGA-ThundeR

Seeing that was the point it was the right command. But a little 'side effect' note can't harm :).

tombu

I have used LAYMRG for groups of layers I was sure I didn't need anymore, but LAYDEL should only be used if you know you want to get rid of all the objects, styles, etc… associated with that layer.