Export Drawing Names to txt file format - C#

Tharwat

Hi,

Here is a program that is written by me a few weeks ago in C# programming language and just wanted to share it here for all users that may find it beneficial.

Steps of the program:

1. Double click on the program to start.
  2. Hit the Top Right side Button >> then select a folder that has AutoCAD drawings with *.dwg format.
  3. Hit the Bottom Left side Button [Write to txt file] then Save dialog should appear to you to save the text file with your desired name.
  4. Finally all Drawing names that included in the selected folder should be written to that saved text file.

View the program from here: https://autolispprograms.wordpress.com/export-drawing-names/

Enjoy it and have a nice day.

Tharwat

I'm more impressed that you can use dialog outside of Autocad, congrats for the program!

Maybe consider to stick with one way written last name:

either "Ch" "Ч", like "cheese", either "Sh" "Ш", like "shoe". (you know russian - right?)

I'm more impressed that you can use dialog outside of Autocad, congrats for the program!

Thanks, I have written this program a few months back and wanted to share as freeware in my modest website.

Maybe consider to stick with one way written last name:

either "Ch" "Ч", like "cheese", either "Sh" "Ш", like "shoe". (you know russian - right?)

I tried to learn Russian from 15 years a go but honestly it was difficult to comprehend so I quit.

I tried to learn Russian from 15 years a go but honestly it was difficult to comprehend so I quit.

Ah sorry, I asked because I think I saw once in your info that your location was somewhere in Russia.

In slavic languages we differentiate some letters that sound similar in english (like the above) - but still its hard to write others in phonetic, for instance:

"q" "ja" "ia" "ya" stands for "Я" and practically is the same letter, but written differently depending on the person (pronounced "ya").

Maybe theres a similar problem for arabic.

Sorry for the offtopic.

Nice one, easier than Dir *.dwg >dwg.txt /b and all the steps in between.

Thank you BIGAL, I am really glad that you find the program useful.