perfect aligning

Svetlana

I'm new to Solidoworks and I have a problem. I need to perfect aling two objects and i've tried the 'mate' function in assembly, or to build the second object directly on the first, but nothing seems to work.

I'll attach a photo to better explain my problem.

sigh.jpg

Svetlana, what you are seeing is only a graphics issue. I assume one body is a loft and the other is an extrude or revolve.

To change the display tolerance go to the System Properties(sorry i don't have 2013 installed anymore but in 2015 there is a drop down at the top of the window next to the rebuild icon, green and red stop light). from there go to the Document Properties Tab and to "Image Quality". At the top there is a slider. To the left will use less straight lines to represent curves, the right side of the slider will use more. The higher quality the slower your graphics will respond. This can be very dramatic depending on your systems specs. What you see on the screen doesn't affect the actual geometry, just a way for solidworks to get better visual performance and faster speeds when rotating models.

The red arrow shows its default location. The green arrow shows where the display will be closer to actual curve. Also note this is document specific. The document properties are set in the part template. If you change it in one part it wont affect anything else.

SW image quality.jpg