nickbduncan

Find and Replace

Here is my issue, in the drawing I have Note ("x"), I need it to read (Note "x")

"x" has many different numbers.

I can use the find to get Note (*) but I don't know how to replace it with the same number. it puts in (Note ("*").. It actually puts in the asterisk and not the original number.

Can someone help me with this..

Thanks

Can't you just replace the beginning characters instead? In the example below the underscore is to show a blank space:

Find: Note_(

Replace: (Note_

Yes, but I have a lot of different variations of this i.e. Note (2), or Note (5), or Note (2)(3)(4)... And this needs to change to (Note 2), or (Note 5) or (Notes 2,3,4)...

And this needs to happen across many drawings... I could write a routine to fix this, but since I have to go into all drawings anyway, I was just going to use the "Find and Replace" command..

Ah. Thought that was too easy. With that many variables I don't see an easy way, but someone else might... good luck!

Welcome to CADTutor nick. :)

You might want to check out this gem from Lee Mac

http://www.lee-mac.com/bfind.html

Thanks Lee! :beer:

This is an outstanding lisp, which may or may not help you this time, but one to keep handy, as it certainly will come in handy at some point.

One huge advantage to using Lee's lisp, is that you don't even need to OPEN any of the drawings, it is automagic!

It even generates a report of everything it finds and changes, which is a helpful overview, for quick inspection without opening all the drawings to look at them.