2D Data Matrix Barcode

jscad1

I'm looking for a way to input a 2D Data Matrix Barcode that is made up of solids or closed polylines. I found ways to input OLE Objects, but this won't help me for my final output of the job.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jscad1

• BIGAL

• Jef!

• Lee Mac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

..or maybe even simpler, only 2 vertex polys, using width instead of 4 vertex closed polys. Less vertex to deal with. I'd definitly try lw with global width first. Maybe lines with lw as a 2nd try..

Maybe you can provide samples?

Code Matrix, standard data matrix or classic plain bar barcode doesn't change my statement. I'd definitly try lw with global width first.

Since you did not answer my question or provide a sample, I'm not sure I can help you further.

Best of luck.

Edited by Jef!

Code Matrix, standard data matrix or classic plain bar barcode doesn't change my statement. I'd definitly try lw with global width first.

Since you did not even bothered taking few seconds to answer my question or provide a sample, I hope you yon't mind if I don't bother spending minutes or hours to help you further.

Best of luck.

Sorry, that I didn't reply sooner. I was looking for software that would generate the data matrix barcode by text input. The software that I found only created OLE object files. Again, I'm sorry that I didn't reply sooner, I am new to using forums.

Is this only for Inventor, I am using autocad

The one linked is indeed for Inventor.

Sorry, that I didn't reply sooner. I was looking for software that would generate the data matrix barcode by text input. The software that I found only created OLE object files. Again, I'm sorry that I didn't reply sooner, I am new to using forums.

While AutoCAD can do (very) basic OLE manipulations, OLE are way heavier than their equivalent in CAD entities, so it is far from being CAD's cup of tea and user friendly. OLE being an embedded object, the source type can vary. I sometimes use some ole mainly for clients logos (png, bmp, jpg, etc) when I don't have time to redraw them in CAD (or they are too complex) but I avoid OLEs whenever I can. You end up not being able to select them or cad add frame around if you don't have correct variable settings (like oleframe / imageframe) For some I never been able to just have them at the original ratio, the final result can be 99.8% of original size in x and 100.34% of original size in Y even if I locked the x/y ratio. When it is a customer logo that is not critical, but for barcodes, i wouldn't use ole in cad.

My first assumption was that you had information on how these barcodes are created and you needed help to transfer that knowledge/logic to a lisp program. Creating the graphical grid for a given 0/1 array, would be easy and graphically the result would be perfect. But you are probably as clueless as me as how you get from a data input to that array. After thinking I'm not sure you could provide what a lisp programmer that doesn'T know how barcodes work would need in order to achieved the desired result. My bad for that.

My first assumption was that you had information on how these barcodes are created

I had a google and found it difficult to find the rule book on creating barcodes all I seemed to find was free ways of producing say JPG's. Once the rules are known then producing bar codes as plines should be pretty easy.

Found bar codes are a ISO standard only problem is that you need to pay for the standard. Does anyone have a copy of the rules ?

Edited by BIGAL

Thanks for all the help. I have found some software called Stroke Scribe, that looks like they have what I want. The problem is they will not let me have a trial license to check out the software. From what I can see, a lot of these programs end up making a MTEXT in autocad. If I can have MTEXT, then I can explode it.

The one linked is indeed for Inventor.

While AutoCAD can do (very) basic OLE manipulations, OLE are way heavier than their equivalent in CAD entities, so it is far from being CAD's cup of tea and user friendly. OLE being an embedded object, the source type can vary. I sometimes use some ole mainly for clients logos (png, bmp, jpg, etc) when I don't have time to redraw them in CAD (or they are too complex) but I avoid OLEs whenever I can. You end up not being able to select them or cad add frame around if you don't have correct variable settings (like oleframe / imageframe) For some I never been able to just have them at the original ratio, the final result can be 99.8% of original size in x and 100.34% of original size in Y even if I locked the x/y ratio. When it is a customer logo that is not critical, but for barcodes, i wouldn't use ole in cad.

My first assumption was that you had information on how these barcodes are created and you needed help to transfer that knowledge/logic to a lisp program. Creating the graphical grid for a given 0/1 array, would be easy and graphically the result would be perfect. But you are probably as clueless as me as how you get from a data input to that array. After thinking I'm not sure you could provide what a lisp programmer that doesn'T know how barcodes work would need in order to achieved the desired result. My bad for that.

Thanks for your help, I agree with you.

I found barcode TTF very quick and free seemed to work to match image above, just make a style in your Autocad. Have no real way to test unless I make some personal codes I have.

I found barcode TTF very quick and free seemed to work to match image above, just make a style in your Autocad. Have no real way to test unless I make some personal codes I have.

Thanks, that works great for linear barcodes.

Have you tried using Illustrator or Inkscape to convert the raster image to .dwg or dxf?

Yes, I used CorelDraw to convert to autocad. It worked good.