problem with changing layer color in Xref title block

cadmando2

I’m using AutoCAD 2008.

I change layers in a project to match are standard Layers.

But the drawings I got from are client I change the Title Block color to white no 7 and look fine one a few drawing but in a few others it looks like no 8 color gray.

I have change the title block to other colors and it OK, but for some reason I change it to No 7 and I zoom in and it is a no 8 gray.

What is it with AutoCAD 2008 or is it drawing setup different. The title block is Xref and the Title block drawing colors are OK

I would think the Client set the files up the same. I’m spending too much time trying to figure out what going on.:? :huh:

There are a couple of things you can look at.

1. Xref Title block - Make sure that the title block lines are all set to "By Layer" in all the drawings.

2. Since you are using 2008, I think that when you have a layer locked, it softens the color. Typically, white then looks like it is gray, blue looks like dark blue, etc,. It does print out correctly though.

3. Also, to go along with #2, even though the layer itself may not be locked, it could be locked per viewport/tab.

Let me know if that fixes it for you.

• 2 weeks later...

If I understand your problem, you have a title block that is xrefed into your plans. For some reason, AutoCAD seems to have trouble with that, especially when it comes to colors and printing. I would suggest binding the xref as a block.

As far as the printing Issue, It is with the “Plot Style Selected”.

I never miss with the Plot Style in the Layer setting before because they where unselect able, but with xref you Can select the “Plot Style” in the Layer properties Manager. Never had time to miss with yet. Two many deadlines.

There is a lot of up dated xref backgrounds threw out the project and it is easy just to update the xref's file! And binding don't work like Xref?