Auto detection of Paper size while making pdf from drawing

YSRINY2I

Hi friends,

Is there any option to find out the correct papersize while making pdf. Actually i need it for batch plot. i have different drawings with different papersizes. If any body knows the solution, could you please let me know?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maratovich

• YSRINY2I

• BIGAL

• Fusik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If your title blocks are different sizes or with different names then not a problem. If they are random sizes then you have done something wrong, we have a A1 title block but plot at 1/2 scale to A3 most of the time so we could ask A1 or A3 and plot all etc.

Need more details

Hi,

I didn't get your solution. But my actual problem is, i have 100 drawings with different sizes, Like A0,A1,A2,A3,A4. Mostly i would like to make pdf from model space. So i would like to make pdf each drawing with correct paper size by detecting automatic. Please let me know the solution. I have tried some tools from Online. All the tools making pdf with one standard size. Please let me know the solution

YSRINY2I

Here is one problem -

The edge of the format is created by separate lines.

If you can outline the formats with a polyline, you can print it out.

Here is an example video and a result file.

Model print.pdf

Like Maratovich your 1st step should be to make the surrounds a block "Title Block" give it a name like "A1-general" you get the scale value of the block and rework it to plot at correct paper size. You will find most people here work that way.

The block can be as simple as the 4 outside lines.

I have a "plot all title blocks in model space" lisp but it works by finding these enclosed areas on the dwg.

Dear Maratovich.

Thanks for the help. I have downloaded the trail version. and tested for this drawings. But it is necessary to set the plotter settings. when i look into settings it was displaying all information is in Russia. But i installed in English. because of trail version is it showing like that? Please have a look the attachment.

print.jpg

The program has not full translation.

Does not depend on trial.

You do not need these settings.

The windows for printing have a translation.

1. Set up the template as I showed.

2. Circle the format of the polyline (as it was in the video)

3. Search and print.

111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

Dear Maratovich,

Thanks for the help. This tool seems to be some problem. Is there any time frame to work this tool? After opening the tool, 10 to 15mins it is closing automatically and tool is disappearing from the quick taskbar. If i try to click the desktop Icon, it is saying icon location was moved or deleted. tool is no opening. What shall i do? Please suggest me.

Dear Maratovich,

Can you please send me the settings for making of pdf's in folder? I tried, but the language in Russian.

maratovich can i get a Langpack too? I bought it but i got weird "bushes" insted of text.... program works perfect but need translation....

Good evening Fusik!

I am on vacation. For 2 week.

I'm in the desert, there's a very bad connection.

Write your mail to me.

I will help you.