Viewpoint by coordinates rather than panning

WoodTCAD

Hi All,

I'm not so much having issues as wondering if something is possible.

Currently working with building layouts. Each floor of the building is in the same model space but, I want a separate layout sheet for each floor. I am able to do this by creating new sheets, zooming and panning manually but, was wondering if there's a more accurate/streamlined way of doing it with reference to the model UCS?

eg: I want the viewport on sheet one to be centred at 0,0 as per the model UCS but, centred at 0,+50m for sheet 2, 0, +100m on sheet 3 and so on... With all viewports the same size, this would allow me to have all drawings aligned by the same coordinate system on different sheets.

I am new to AutoCAD, having reasonable experience with Creo Parametric where it is relatively straightforward to do this.

This is my first post to this forum so, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

You could write a simple script or a lisp using Steven-g method, use the Layout command to add a new layout Mview for window then mspace and zoom C PT scale, Just change the x value in PT. A lisp would allow how many required and x spacing etc Just do one manually and write down all the steps.

If each model space area is 50m apart I simply copy the layout, inside the viewport I use -pan and specify the direction with my mouse and type 50m. Copy that viewport and -pan again by 50m.

rkent your right sometimes we are to qucik to do some code when old fashioned manual methods work just as good.

Ps Woodtcad press F8 that way its square as you pan using mouse for direction.