Old School Flexible Ductwork

Grounder

I was asked to help figure out why a certain lisp routine which worked with Autocad 2014 doesn't work with AutoCAD MEP 2015.

Although I don't know much about Autolisp, I thought I'd give it a try, but I've gotten to a stopping point and cannot get past it.

I am posting the lisp routine along with some associated dwgs and a screen capture of what it's supposed to look like when it does work in hopes that someone can assist with this.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

dflex.lsp

FlexDuct.jpg

FlexDuct.dwg

FlexDrop.dwg

Please if you post un encrypted lisp at least reorder to a readable state. The lisp as posted will not work its been re formatted in some way.

My apologies. I didn't know you could encrypt Lisps and not certain what you mean by a readable state. I open it in Notepad and edit it that way.

Made a few changes , first of all , program tries to load a (lisp) file called 'makegroup'. Since it is not included had to disable it.

With the measure command you use (list flx-ln FS-PT) , but the command only needs the object and not a list of the object and a point. Tried to put the blockname of the 'FlexDuct' in a findfile construction , and this works , but symbol is saved with higher release of autocad I'm currently working with so for me this is the end of the road so to speak. I have attached the updated lisp file , maybe it can get you a step further.

Your routine won't win a beauty contest (unlike me haha) but if it works , who cares about the format but you.

have you tried this one : http://lee-mac.com/objectalign.html

there a tons of routines to align a block along polyline

Gr. Rlx

dflex.lsp

Edited by rlx

Why not just a line type ? We have half circle ones. The other way is that its possible to create plines with some form of pattern, search for "insulation". Plines support bulges with is curves.