plot problems using wipeout

iain9876

Hi there,

I am trying to plot using a wipeout. Plot preview looks as it should be...problem comes when plotting, it seems to ignore the wipeout. I have tried toggling the frames on and off...checked if the layers were frozen etc..

Anyone any other ideas why this won't work?

thanks in advance :oops:

managed to sort it. so for those of you who may have a similar problem.

Had to start a new drawing, then brought in each drawing as an exref, created the wipeout and adjusted the draw order for each layer.

Seemed to work in a new drawing...must be an acad glitch.:?

• 1 month later...

So your plot has blank areas or possibly black areas that should not be there or maybe even areas that should be hidden under a wipeout are not hidden at all. To make things even more frustrating, the plot preview always looks perfect! This is a known problem in AutoCAD that relates to plotting drawings containing images (wipeouts are images). AutoCAD offers no workaround to the problem but I have found a very simple solution to the problem. Taking a clue from the always perfect plot preview I tried plotting to TIFF image files. This solved everything except the random problem of wipeouts not working. I decided to try just a single pixel white bitmap image scaled and cropped to whatever size and shape I needed and now plotting to TIFF images has completely solved the problem. I have had no problems at all using this solution for over three years now. This solution actually has some significant added benefits too. If you want to try my solution you can get the tools for it for free at http://paracadd.com Just look for ParaMASK:)

• 2 years later...
Hi there,

I am trying to plot using a wipeout. Plot preview looks as it should be...problem comes when plotting, it seems to ignore the wipeout. I have tried toggling the frames on and off...checked if the layers were frozen etc..

Anyone any other ideas why this won't work?

thanks in advance :oops:

There should be a printer driver setting to allow the the drawing to be processed in the computer instead of in the plotter. Setting it this way solved this problem for me.

Ben

• 1 year later...

(cont'd) - When I create a .pdf file with wipeouts the .pdf looks perfect when I bring it up on screen but when I plot the wipeouts are black. Anyone have any ideas how to fix that problem? Is it something with my plotter driver or can I fix it in Acrobat?

Using - AutoCAD 2007 & Adobe Acrobat Professional 8

thanks.

The solution is to not use wipeouts. After having the same problem with them previously, we don't use them anymore.

• 2 years later...

Been trying to find a solution for this and today I think I have figured it out. It seems "Optimize PDF" fixed the problem for me. You can find it in the Document Processes tab on the right.

After agonizing over this... we try to avoid using "wipeput" as well.

A interesting solution that We've implimented (and encourage our staff to use) is to solid hatch using colour "255" in place of wipeout. Then adjust your .ctb plot settings so that this colour plots as a white colour ("Use object colour" seeting in the plot style table editor does the trick I believe).

It's a simple and practical solution, and you get the same results. And it works just fine when converting to .pdf format!

To note: This wipeout problem does not seem to carry over when using the "background mask" option on all Mtext objects.