Recognize multi-object shape

ElCidCampeador

Hi,

I converted a pdf file into dwg. In this new file a point has become a group of 2D polyline and not a sigle entity. This conversion is necessary because I have to work in autocad.

My problem is that I have to search in this dwg all of this "points" and write a text next to. Is possible to write a VBA program for autocad able to do this? If the point was a single point, it wouldn't be a problem, but in this case...I dont' know!

Consider that my code should find not only "points" but also other kind of these group of polylines (whose boundary shape may be different). So it could be useful if the code, as first step, required to specify the shape to be searched inside the dwg.

The pdf file doesn't matter because the code must work in autocad VBA with the figures that you can see in the file attached. The program must recognize the point (as group of polylines with that shape) and mark/write text like "this is a point"

May have found a way using Lee-mac's Outline.lsp you can create a pline representing the balls, only problem is it is a manual process. You can then get a centroid of this pline which will aproximate the centre.

Edited by BIGAL

The pdf file doesn't matter because the code must work in autocad VBA with the figures that you can see in the file attached. The program must recognize the point (as group of polylines with that shape) and mark/write text like "this is a point"

Why ?????

I recommend to watch less news on TV. You will trust people more.

From the PDF can be imported so that the points were hatching.

A hatch can be found in the drawing and make the program.

You incorrectly import PDF.

Or attach the PDF for checking or mission Impossible.

And attach an example of how there should be a new text.

Give all the raw data and an example of the final result.

Maybe because the pdf file is copyrighted, and I can't share?

I was thinking of something like Matlab scripts that analize images' pattern/shape, but in visual basic I don't know how to apply it