Need Help: Drawing line is dark

Whenever I try to draw a line, arc, circle, etc. the line is a dark green color. Once the line is drawn it reverts to the correct color (typically set as Bylayer).

When color is set ByLayer in the Properties box and I start to draw, the lines appear dark green, however when the color is set to any other color and I begin drawing the lines appear in that color (as it should be).

Is there a setting I'm missing? It's very weird (and hard to see)! When I first installed AutoCAD 2018, I believe the colors were working properly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Did you try shutting down AutoCAD then restarting it?

Does this happen in just one drawing or every drawing you work in?

I did restart AutoCAD and that didn't fix it, but I think I may have figured out the problem. I need to reboot my computer. While playing a game yesterday I received an error about the windows color scheme and having too/not enough many colors, blah, blah blah. I'm willing to bet that has something to do with it. I will reboot and let everyone know if that seems to solve my problem. Thanks ReMark.

Unfortunately rebooting the computer did not help. The reason it worked earlier is because the color was manually set in the properties box. When the color is set back to "ByLayer", drawing lines, arcs, etc, went back to dark green. Is there some setting in Options/drafting/colors, that could be set?? I re"migrated" my setting from AutoCAD 2016, but that didn't help either.

I'm totally stumped.

Sorry about that.

After a little trial and error, it seems the error comes from a certain client. Drawings from other clients seem to behave properly.

• 2 weeks later...

My client uses on older version of Autocad. It appears they are still using Autocad 2000. The problems only seem to occur with this client. I suppose this is the problem?

Although the problem is not resolved, I will simply ignore the issue.

Thanks for your help ReMark!

• 1 month later...

I realize this topic is slightly old, but I wanted to update it in case other people had similar problems.

In short I believe it was the graphics driver. When I disabled hardware acceleration, the lines/arc/etc. went back to their original colors. Just to be clear, the problem occurred when I started drawing any element. The color of the element (line, arc, circle, etc), would not be the color of the layer. Sometimes the color would be very dark, but currently it's white.

I am using a AMD R9 390X video card with the latest Radeon drivers. This has not been a problem in the past, so it's either the drivers have changed or Autocad 2018 doesn't work well with this card/driver.

Hopefully this will help someone. Thanks