Change "shows as" when opening a file autocad 2002

mgressler

Hi

I've been using Autocad 2002 for a long time and I'd like to find a solution for a problem I couldn't find.

I like to see the full list of drawings in a folder instead of small icons. To do that I right click on the areas where the files are displayed and select "show list" or "show details". The problem is that whenever I chance the folder or select a file to open and go back to open another file Autocad is already showing me again the "small icons". So my selection is not permanent.

I know that in Autocad 2000 if I did that selection of "show as" whatever and selected it, when I went back to open another file, that selection was still standing (ex.: I selected "show details" so it allways showed me "details" until I selected something else).

Can anyone help me with this? Does it happen to anyone else?

Not sure how many people around here are still using 2002, but can you tell us what operating system you're running? This could be a result of running old software on a newer operating system.

Also, the chat section is reserved for non CAD discussions so I have moved your question to the Autocad General section: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?19-AutoCAD-General

Have you tried setting "View" (for the root folder where your drawings reside) to show "Details" in Windows Explorer?

I have also been using AutoCAD 2002 since 2002, and running it in Windows XP, and I have always seen the details in the folder.

I have just tried changing to icon view, closed AutoCAD down and opened it, and the list showed icons. I then changed it to details, shut down etc. Opening it up, the list was details. So for me, the folder list stays as it was when shut down.

Not sure how many people around here are still using 2002, but can you tell us what operating system you're running? This could be a result of running old software on a newer operating system.

Also, the chat section is reserved for non CAD discussions so I have moved your question to the Autocad General section: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?19-AutoCAD-General

My OS is Windows 10 but the same thing happened on Windows 8.

Thanks for the reply, eldon

I tried that but my issue remais the same.

I'm running it on Windows 10 and the same happened on Windows 8.