AutoCAD Electrical - Setup the Title Block

Sanket Patil

Hello,

I am using the AutoCAD 2018 version. I tried to set up the tittle block through the "Title Block Setup" and "Tittle block update", but nothing happens, could anyone assist me to setup a proper professional tittle block? Also, if anyone can forward me the dwg file of a proper title block, it would be really appreciated.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sanket Patil

• ReMark

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aren't you using the default electrical template? The title block is already set up. All you have to do is double click on the default text to access the title block attributes.

Aren't you using the default electrical template? The title block is already set up. All you have to do is double click on the default text to access the title block attributes.

Hello,

It shows question mark all over the tittle block and doesnot allow me to do anything when I double click on it.

Hello,

I am using AutoCAD 2018 Electrical version. I am able to use autocad properly but eventually i will have to print and share the drawings in the email, for which I need the title block set up.

The template works exactly as it was designed by AutoDesk. The title block information is comprised of attributes.

If you are drawing an electrical schematic then there is no need to account for scale.

Thank you..

For Example: If I want to draw a 2000mm x 400mm panel, it goes out of the border of the template... Is there anyway I can resize it to fit my drawing ?

Yes, you could scale it up to accommodate drawing the panel to real world dimensions then when it comes time to plot reverse the process and scale it down to fit on the size paper you want to plot to. And what size paper would that be?

FYI - You do understand how an attributed title block works don't you? It appears as though someone rearranged the order that the attributes are listed in. Was that you?

Hello,

No, actually, till now I have used the AutoCAD Electrical which was already installed and the basic things were already set up, so just had to play with the schematic diagrams and the enclosure panels.

Now, this company has purchased a totally new liscence of AutoCad 2018 Electrical and I have to set up the things from the scratch. Till now, I have just made the drawings (without the Tittle block and border settings). It is default.

I would say, is there any way you can share your premade Electrical Template and I can use/edit the same at my end ?

When AutoCAD 2018 was installed you should have been able to migrate over much of what was setup and used in the previous release. You should not be starting from scratch. This would include custom template files.

I do not have a premade template I can share with you at my present location as I am on the road at the moment and not in my office. The image I posted was taken from the drawing you provided previously. All I did was edit the attributes which worked exactly as I said they would.

Regarding the cabinet you want to draw. Another option would be to draw it "to scale" much as you would do manually on a drafting board. First you would have to figure out what scale you want to use. The title block and border however would remain real world size which in this case appears to be roughly 420x297 or A3 size.

One other option comes to mind and that would be to change the drawing units from millimeters to centimeters using the -DWGUNITS command.

I don't recall AutoDesk providing a template file that was in portrait mode.

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt responses. Yes, I get that, but basically I have changed my job and at this current workplace they purchased Autocad Electrical, so working on things from scratch.

Ok, one quick question: can you tell me how can I change the length and width of the complete

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt responses. Yes, I get that, but basically I have changed my job and at this current workplace they purchased Autocad Electrical, so working on things from scratch. Sorry if my questions sound silly. But I appreciate your help..

Ok, one quick question: can you tell me how can I change the length and width of the complete block (not the tittle block) so that I can fit my drawings in it ?

Drawing4.dwg

You would have to scale the entire title block along with its border OR as I suggested previously use one of the other methods I suggested. The problem is the title block and border are in landscape orientation and you appear to want the cabinet drawn vertically and not shown on its side.

If a template is not available with a portrait orientation then you would have to create one either from scratch or borrow as much as you can from the default template and when completed save it as a new template file not a .dwg file.

Personally, I'd draw the cabinet in a horizontal position (lying on its left side) retaining the landscape orientation of the template. Rough guess regarding a scale factor: 7.5 but I'm not sure that would be acceptable in a metric based system.