guitarguy1685

Selecting Broken Ellipse

guitarguy1685

Is anyone else having issues picking an Ellipse that has been broken? I can only pick it if I pick the end of the ellipse. Sometimes I can only pick one end of the ellipse and not the other. Sometimes I cant pick it at all and I have to use a window to select it. This is pretty frustrating.

CyberAngel

When I break an ellipse, I get an arc. If you're having trouble selecting curves in general, try increasing your circle zoom resolution with VIEWRES. A low-res curve isn't drawn as accurately, so you may be picking a point that only looks like part of a curve.

guitarguy1685
When I break an ellipse, I get an arc. If you're having trouble selecting curves in general, try increasing your circle zoom resolution with VIEWRES. A low-res curve isn't drawn as accurately, so you may be picking a point that only looks like part of a curve.

I get a broken ellipse with grips at the ends not arcs.

Dana W

Check "Z" values.

SLW210

Can you post a .dwg with a broken ELLIPSE?

guitarguy1685

see attachment. I drew a rectangle around the Broken Ellipse that I can not select.

Test.dwg

SLW210

They all select fine for me, though I had to convert to 2010 format.

ReMark

It doesn't help that you had 19 duplicate and 4 overlapping objects. Using 2017 I could select all ellipses.

guitarguy1685

Craph, I should've deleted the hiddden lines. Try freezing that layer.

There are some ellipse that I still can not select at any point along it's path. If I hover over and trace an ellipse there are areas where I can not select it, and some parts where I can. In this case the area i can select is large enough that it's not a problem. Sometimes I can't select any part of it. I'll have to wait until I come upon another one.

If it's not obvious, this was created with a Flatshot.

SLW210

I see you have Windows 10 OS, has this happened recently or always done this? I've read latest Windows 10 updates have caused problems with AutoCAD.

guitarguy1685
I see you have Windows 10 OS, has this happened recently or always done this? I've read latest Windows 10 updates have caused problems with AutoCAD.

Well we upgraded to W10 a while ago, and this has also been going on for a while. It's possible I suppose. I'll check if we have the latest service packs.

ReMark

Just curious. Do you have the same problem with this version of your drawing?

retest.dwg

Saved in 2013 file format.