3D Execution

bjenk8100

Hello,

Working with a youngster. He knows calculations but cant stand autocad. I told him its the best 2D and toughest 3D here. He is very strong in 2D workspace. I would like to know this too. Better to do drawings in 2D workspace then switching to 3D. I inadvertently do that from habit. I think 2D space is faster n better. Would rather hear/see other opinions over weekend. Happy Columbus Day! LoL.

I suppose it would depend on what is being drawn. Example: Electrical schematic versus strutural steel building frame. The schematic would normally be drawn in 2D which makes perfect sense. On the other hand drawing the steel building frame in 3D then extracting the 2D views, in my opinion, would make more sense. Aren't cars and airplanes all designed in 3D right from the start?

I see 2D and 3D as different animals for different purposes (you should too ;-).

They can love each other and work in perfect harmony, but ..

in wrong hands and with different people having differenent feelings

they is a possibility they can't stand eachother in the end.

I like cats more than dogs, you?

and some 2D vs. 3D discussions can turn into silly ones.

Rob Snyder has some good views here !! Read them, share them

https://tangerinefocus.com/2017/07/30/seriously-really-what-is-drawing/

"I think 2D space is faster n better."

So you would rather draw multiple views of an object in 2D rather than create it in 3D and extract those same views?

"I think 2D space is faster n better."

So you would rather draw multiple views of an object in 2D rather than create it in 3D and extract those same views?

Yep, ..

Did you ever did the engineering of rebar design (in AutoCAD)?

In my field of work extraction of views is very limited technology in both AutoCAD ánd Revit.

Other software companies then Autodesk are at the forfront of this. Nemetchek and Trimble Tekla.

So, i personally do mix a lot. Hence the undertitle in my replies ;-)

But very often just 2D is indeed easier, gives better and for me is way faster, lighter!

Like this messed up 2D /3D views, good 'drawing' contains 3D visuals and other sorts of 'views'.

example.jpg