Select blocks by name without selecting any groups associated with them

ecustis

Hello all,

I need to select two blocks and delete them automatically, their names are: FA_DEVICE_INIT_BASE_STANDARD and FA_DEVICE_INIT_SMOKE_DUCT_HOUSING

I usually use the quick select tool to delete these because they're always grouped with the actual device block. For example, we would have a smoke detector block and then it would have a "base" block underneath of it grouped with it so when we did exports they would be on the counts. When using quick select, if I say select block by name "FA_DEVICE_INIT_BASE_STANDARD" it actually only selects that block and not the "FA_DEVICE_INIT_SMOKE" block that is grouped with it. Is there any way to replicate what quick select does with autolisp? Here is what I have so far, it currently selects the blocks but it also selects any associated groups and deletes them too:

(defun c:AutoBlkRepPrepare ()
(if (setq ss1 (ssget "_x" '((0 . "INSERT")(2 . "FA_DEVICE_INIT_BASE_STANDARD,FA_DEVICE_INIT_SMOKE_DUCT_HOUSING"))))
(progn
(command "_.erase" ss1)
)
(alert "No preparation necessary!")
)
(princ)
)

Any help with this is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

You will need to check somehow if its a group, something I dont use very often. An idea may be get all the groups check for your blocks in group make a list of all objects, ungroup delete blocks then regroup remainder. Then run what you have to get rid of individuals. Really need a sample dwg.

Some one other than me may have some GROUP code that would be usefull.

You can temporarily change the PICKSTYLE.

Thanks Roy, I added a pickstyle change to the code and it works now.

The only thing that happens is it says "; error: Function cancelled". It doesn't affect the process and all and everything still works, but it is just annoying that it won't print the text I want it to. Here is the updated code:

(defun c:AutoBlkRepPrepare ()
(command "pickstyle" "0")
(if (setq ss1 (ssget "_x" '((0 . "INSERT")(2 . "FA_DEVICE_INIT_BASE_STANDARD,FA_DEVICE_INIT_SMOKE_DUCT_HOUSING"))))
(progn
(command "_.erase" ss1)
)
)
(command "pickstyle" "1")
(princ "Preparation complete!")
(princ)
)

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of that error? Thanks!

Try this .. removed command calls.

(defun c:foo (/ ps s)			;<- Localize variables
 (setq ps (getvar 'pickstyle))
 (setvar 'pickstyle 0)
 (if (setq s (ssget "_x" '((0 . "INSERT"))))
   (mapcar 'entdel (mapcar 'cadr (ssnamex s)))
 )
 (setvar 'pickstyle ps)
 (princ)
)

Edited by ronjonp

Try this .. removed command calls.

(defun c:autoblkrepprepare (/ ps s)    ;<- Localize variables
 (setq ps (getvar 'pickstyle))
 (setvar 'pickstyle 0)
 (if (setq
   s (ssget
       "_x"
       '((0 . "INSERT") (2 . "FA_DEVICE_INIT_BASE_STANDARD,FA_DEVICE_INIT_SMOKE_DUCT_HOUSING"))
     )
     )
   (mapcar 'entdel (mapcar 'cadr (ssnamex s)))
 )
 (setvar 'pickstyle ps)
 (princ)
)

Ron, this is awesome, works like a charm! Now to look up and learn what all you did so I can make my code not so basic. Thank you very much!

Ron, this is awesome, works like a charm! Now to look up and learn what all you did so I can make my code not so basic. Thank you very much!

Glad to help :)