Bricsys to introduce SketchUp competitor

f700es

I am starting to get disillusioned with Trimble's handling of SketchUp. I all but hope they run it into the ground so AutoDesk can finally buy it and integrate it into AutoCAD or leave as a stand alone product.

I like that it will use DWG as the file format. We'll see where it goes.

I saw a preview of this at the Bricsys conference last month. I'm very interested to see if this will function as a DWG viewer.

Seeing how you can download and install the full BricsCAD in about 2 minutes, Shape should even have a smaller footprint. DWG Trueview is overkill just for a viewer.

I wish Bricsys could come up with an affordably priced alternative to Lumion. I would love to have some type of Real Time rendering program for creating video walkthrough's.

For real! Lumion is sweet but D-@-M-N at the price.

That does look interesting.

I'm patiently waiting on a Bricsys answer to Revit. I'm excited to see a true competitor to the Revit platform.

-TZ

Have you tried their product so far? I was looking at the info on it last week. It does look appealing so far but I don't know enough about Revit to make a valid comparison yet.

https://www.bricsys.com/en-us/bim/

For real! Lumion is sweet but D-@-M-N at the price.

No kidding. That price is ridiculous, especially when you look at Unreal Engine which is free! The only real major difference I can see between Unreal and Lumion is the ease at which you can get your CAD models into the program. With Unreal, it's a bit of a chore to get everything in engine and set up with materials and lighting, but with Lumion, it's basically just drag and drop. So, is that drag and drop technology really worth $4k? If Bricsys could create a similar program and sell it for less than $1k, I would buy it today!