Drawing Site Plan in Autocad 2D using Northing and Easting value

I have details as below

Line Northing Easting Distance

1 2 2554942.79 527285.17 37 metrer

2 3 2554966.41 527313.65 27.37 meter

5 1 .............

How to draw these lines please explain.

WhatsApp Image 2017-12-02 at 9.41.37 AM.jpeg

The short answer is to observe the format that AutoCAD uses for coordinates and see if you can use that to draw your points.

AutoCAD inputs coordinates with an x value in the horizontal direction and a y value in the vertical direction.

Your data has Northing coordinates, i.e. in the vertical direction and Easting coordinates, i.e.in the horizontal direction.

So by inputting your coordinates in the order Easting, Northing you will end up with a figure like this.

Site Plan.PNG

Open the data in excel it should come in as columns A B C D E starting at cell A2 need 1st line blank.

in G1 type PLINE

in G2 =CONCATENATE(D2,",",C2)

copy this down for all lines

in G7 type C

Just copy the G column data directly to the command line and a pline will be drawn.

Repeat as required. Look at post above to see the column of text.

ScreenShot101.jpg

Edited by BIGAL

Yes you are right Easting Northing change the Concatenate

Hakmawongzi your discipline is noted as Electrical trust me we work in real world co-ords every day and those big numbers are a pain if you have to copy and paste them all over the place, forget typing so easy to make mistakes. This type of work is State scrutinised and in our case our Licensed surveyor could lose his practicing license if lots of errors are found. The data no doubt came from a GPS.

You have to consider this thread in the context of being an exercise.

How boring it would be if the exercise was to draw a rectangle 37m by 27.37 m, chamfer the bottom left hand corner 5m by 5m. and then rotate the whole by nearly 40 degrees.

Instead the exercise makes the student practise reading long strings of digits and then accurately type those in. Then the geometry can be investigated, and shown that none of the cormers that have been placed by coordinates to two decimal places are whole right angles. Also the area is not exactly 1000 sq.m. Also one of the quoted lengths between points 5 and 1 is wrong.

So the exercise shows how tolerant one has to be in real life, and accuracy is compromised by not using exact geometry. A very valuable exercise, if done properly!

Yes you are right Easting Northing change the Concatenate

This type of work is State scrutinised and in our case our Licensed surveyor could lose his practicing license if lots of errors are found. The data no doubt came from a GPS.

I hear you Bigal. I certainly won't want to input large pool of numbers into AutoCAD if the data is already provided in a tabulated format.