Can someone explain what happening in the backstage when switching layouts?

samifox

Model tab and ALL layouts. I've never changed this setting. How's them apples?

there is a dramatic change when a layout is being cached and when it needs to be regenerated from draft.

all of those who tested my drawing say they don't have any issue switching layouts,

also me if i have enough RAM and cache all viewports i won't have any issue switching layouts.

just want to make sure no one uses cached layouts but layout that needs to be regenerated.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• samifox

• ReMark

• BIGAL

• Ski_Me

Top Posters In This Topic

Then the only thing I can think of is the drawing you posted is missing some component maybe a xref or a block. Funny thing is I don't remember the system prompting me about anything missing. If the problem goes from computer to computer then it has to the file.

but you have no issue with the very same file...how is that?

Then the only thing I can think of is the drawing you posted is missing some component maybe a xref or a block. Funny thing is I don't remember the system prompting me about anything missing. If the problem goes from computer to computer then it has to the file.

when i disable xref the performance noticeably improved. but i dont want to waste my time on reload and unload xrefs. i spent lots of money for this.

all my dwg are stored on Dropbox,

i can see the WIFI activity is robust when dealing with the drawing.

can it slow down performance by any means?

So you are not working on a drawing that is stored on your hard drive. That may have something to do with your problem as I am sure most of us tested the drawing you provided by downloading it to our hard drives then opening it.

So you are not working on a drawing that is stored on your hard drive. That may have something to do with your problem as I am sure most of us tested the drawing you provided by downloading it to our hard drives then opening it.
No. It is stored on SSD hard disk. As you know Dropbox is a local copy of a synced cloud. I mean that the file properties and real-time sync might cuz a delay...

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk

So where are all the xrefs sitting while you are working on the drawing?

everything is stored in projects folder in Dropbox and that includes most of the support files like plot styles,fonts,plotter,etc

i have a new drawing hosting few level of xref

1. etransmit with xref bound

2. wbblok the bound drawing

3.purge, -purge>r

no good :)

the only thing i didnt try is the replace my brain :)

Well, par for the course, you uploaded a drawing that is in need of some serious cleaning up. Almost 30,000 duplicate objects out of roughly 75,000 in model space and another 504 overlapping. You also have abandoned objects floating off some distance to the left as well as downward. As another member put it, the problem stems from poor document management. You alone cannot solve the problem...it will take a team effort.

I just noticed that not all entities have a Z elevation of 0.0000. Is that intentional? Take a look at the drawing using one of the four standard isometric views.

Well, par for the course, you uploaded a drawing that is in need of some serious cleaning up. Almost 30,000 duplicate objects out of roughly 75,000 in model space and another 504 overlapping. You also have abandoned objects floating off some distance to the left as well as downward. As another member put it, the problem stems from poor document management. You alone cannot solve the problem...it will take a team effort.

I just noticed that not all entities have a Z elevation of 0.0000. Is that intentional? Take a look at the drawing using one of the four standard isometric views.

the drawing came from another consultant office,

how did you monitor all of those duplicate, overlapping and elevation?

The same as always.

Did you view the drawing using one of the isometric views?

no way, it stuck when I even think about viewing it 3D

when switching layouts they are being regenerated and stored in RAM.

is there a way to save this information as a file so the layout cached information shouldn't be regenerated each session?

the problem stems from poor document management. You alone cannot solve the problem...it will take a team effort.

can i snapshot the drawing and use it as a xref? i mean plot it as a 2d geometry without any structural features like layers and z values

i know that if i plot it as plt and than convert it back to dxf i can achieve it

is there a better way of doing this?