auto cad stopped loading

Dipali

while i was away from my desk last Saturday, in my laptop, some updates happened on Windows 10.

since then my auotcad has stopped working. when i start an application, at first it starts to load but then it gives me the message as below.

"AutoCAD Application has stopped working

A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

yesterday, my husband(IT person) rolled back the update also but still the problem is not solved.

any suggestions

yes it is part of building design suit 2015.

I normally use auto cad only, but after the problem started i tried other applications and all AutoCAD applications are giving me same errors.

but i tried Revit now and it is working.

The Autodesk Knowledge Network states "This is due to an issue with the Microsoft .NET Framework" and lists a solution as:

"The .NET Framework 4.7.1 was released on October 17, 2017. Based on feedback recently received, this update has resolved the issue for some where we’ve been seeing with AutoCAD software breaking on Windows 7-10 with the .NET 4.7 install. The same update is included in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update."

So, if you can, check to see if you are the most up-to-date that you can be with your framework. Just in case, attempt to reinstall them directly from Microsoft as something may have gone wrong during the original update, and may not have been repaired with a restore.

Alternatively, it appears the only other suggested solution (That you haven't listed you doing yet) is:

"The Creators Update includes Windows Defender (antivirus software) which may be the root cause. Add an exclusion to Defender for all Autodesk software folders"

Hopefully this helps! Let us know! :)

Well, let's try something here. Might be a crap-shoot, but there's not much better to do while we wait for/find a solution. Download the trial version of 2018 Cad from Autodesk's site, and see if you can run that.

Sorry we had gone to sleep, as it was night for us.

aperantly he was not able to run repair, as he needed a installer for that and this was online installation, so he was looking for option.

Now in the morning, he looked at few things, and he is thinking that some update was happening on autocad, which may got aborted due to shutdown in. Y absence, and so now he is running that update. So it will take about 4 hours.

I will post the result once I come to know.

that didn't work. then he found installer pen drive. so we reinstalled it. b

but still same problem. so it looks like it is windows issue. so he will have to do system repair and it will take time.

meanwhile Revit is working, but i have not worked in it much, so can't do much.

So i have to do some documentary work which i will continue on this and will use one of the staff computer for cad work. in the weekend i will give him my laptop for system repair

well, finally I got it working on Saturday night.

before that we were trying reinstall for repair option, from my auotdesk usb, but it was not working.

so what i did was, first uninstalled autocad from my system and then reinstalled it. and it started working.

Have you considered updating your version of AutoCAD? My guess is probably not since you most likely have a version that came with a perpetual license and you don't want to spend the money to now have to rent AutoCAD. Is that correct?