LSP for copying titleblock information to a new titleblock (with fields and atts)

ryankevin15

Hello,

I am looking for a .lsp that will allow me to insert a titleblock of a different size and run a command on the existing titleblock and click on the new titleblock and it will retain all the same information (even with text fields) and copy over the information into the new titleblock without having to fill out the new titleblock.

Our titleblocks use mostly fields but the project name, address, drawing number and drawing name have just regular attribute text objects. This would be a huge time saver if I have to take something that was originally on a 22x34 titleblock and resize the viewport and insert a new 8-1/2x11 titleblock quickly without having to re-enter all of the information.

This would be a tremendous time saver! Thank you in advance :)

It is not that hard you can use ssget with a W window, WP within polygon CP crossing polygon etc and get just one object at a time, you will have to repeat for every window pick.

(setq ss1 (ssget "W" pt1 pt2 '((0 . "*text"))))

(setq tans (vla-get-textstring (vlax-ename->vla-object (ssname SS1 0 ))))
or
(setq tans (cdr (assoc 1 (entget (ssname ss1 0)))))

(setq ss1 nil)

Apparently there is already an express tool for this. Express Tools > Blocks > Replace Block with another block. Then just run ATTSYNC on the new titleblock.