copying XREF-layersettings between Xref's

freebutterflyx

I have a drawing with currently 5 xrefs. These Xrefs are not from our company and don't come from autocad. They are a dwg export. Each xref has +-500 layers. I don't want to put them together because these xrefs are changing sometimes.

For the first xref, I have applied some changes to the layers:

- layers OFF

- changed color of layers (mainly change colors to grey - colors 252 tot 254)

- changed linetypes

I would like to apply these changes to all my Xrefs. Currently 5 xref but more need the be added to the drawing.

Can I copy my setting from xref1 tot the other xrefs?

All xref have there own name but their layers are the same (some minor exeptions).

I would say, if the layers are the same, use one 1 of the xref files as a template (with all the layer settings), remove the content -> copy content from other xref files to the 'template' xref -> save that current xref with a other name -> repeat untill all xref's have been updated.

For 5-10 files that shouldn't take more than a few minutes of work (depending on how much information is in them).

But i think something like the 'layer states' would do the trick also : https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-architecture/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/AutoCAD-Architecture/files/GUID-9456C6C9-3D3B-4D49-8763-9D47D9620068-htm.html

I'm not sure if that does the trick though, i know for sure my first suggestion would work (unless these layer settings are done in the properties of the objects, and not in the layermanager!)

I still have to look at the use of "layer states" and see if it works.

Some xrefs are updated on a regular basis. So it is important that I can simply adjust the xref link to the new file without applying all layer chages again.