guitarguy1685

Not anautocad question, more of a general drafting question

When you are submitting a job for it's 1st revision and you have new sheets, do you cloud the sheet number and add a revision mark (Rev 1) even though nothing on the sheet has changed, its just new?

I try to assume the people receiving the submission are intelligent enough to realize there are new sheets they have never seen before therefore I do not cloud the sheet number and add a revision mark. I do make it obvious in the "Letter of Submittal" that sheets (ex. S1, S2 and A4) are new to the package. Haven't had anyone complain yet.

What we do in the case of a new sheet is cloud the listing on the sheet index. We don't cloud anything on the sheet itself.

I agree with ReMark, and we have also done the same as CyberAngel states. Usually, though, we're in close and thorough enough communication with those we are submitting revisions to and are able to provide a synopsis of the major changes while mentioning a few that may be more subtle.

What we do in the case of a new sheet is cloud the listing on the sheet index. We don't cloud anything on the sheet itself.

I agree. That's how I would handle it.

When you are submitting a job for it's 1st revision and you have new sheets, do you cloud the sheet number and add a revision mark (Rev 1) even though nothing on the sheet has changed, its just new?
Yes, 100% of the time, cloud the sheet number with delta. Also, like CyberAngel, we cloud and delta the sheet index to show that it was a revised change from the previous set release.

-TZ

We run issue PA PB and so on for preliminary plans this way no need for revclouds, these generally have a note about what was revised in the issue box, followed by "Issued for Construction" which is 0 then Rev 1 and so on and yes we then use rev clouds.