CUI file/Macro Not Working

CAD_Question

Hi,

I'm hoping that someone can help me with a macro that I'm trying to complete. I'm making a a custom toolbar with custom valve buttons that I can insert and rotate. Please see the macro below:

^C^C (command "insert" "C:\drafting\Ball Valve" "s" "1" pause pause)

when I click on the custom button it directs me to the CUI (obviously not what I wanted haha). All I want to do is click the button and have the valve populate in my drawing space ready to pick a point and rotate the valve. I pieced together this macro from a few posts and I should add that I have very little knowledge with macros and lisp routines (if this is needed). Also I do not want to use tool pallettes so please no comments on this, I prefer toolbars in Autocad. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

I don't have a way to test these right now but something like the following may work:

^C^C_insert;"Ball Valve";\;;;Rotate;last;;

Or

^C^C_insert;"C:\\drafting\\Ball Valve";\;;;Rotate;last;;

In either case, you probably have to add the block path (C:\drafting) to the "Working Support File Search Path"

If it doesn't work, look at the command line to see where it fails.

Try this slight variation. The -insert stops the dialouge from appearing.

^C^C (command "-insert" "C:\\drafting\\Ball Valve" (getpoint) "1" "1" pause)