Aligning views to prevent weird drafting angles

Siberian

When I link models or dwg-files from architects they are often aligned so that north faces straight up on the screen. This often creates weird drafting angles, and so I wonder how I can align certain views so that they appear perpendicular to the screen. Naturally I can't just use the align command as that would create collaboration issues. I've read alot about work planes, and that's where the solution seems to be, but I'm still not able to get it right. Could someone please nudge me in the right direction?

Use UCS/OBject to orient your UCS after a line you want horizontal on the screen, then type "plan" followed by ENTER.

Use UCS/OBject to orient your UCS after a line you want horizontal on the screen, then type "plan" followed by ENTER.

That certainly would do the trick if we we're talking about AutoCAD ;)

That certainly would do the trick if we we're talking about AutoCAD ;)

How these @$#% progs not work togehter

Autodesk never gets the idea that there might actually be people working with both.

Crop Regions that are Rotated, or click and rotate the View Boundary to whatever angle you need are two ways you can reorient a view.

-TZ