Dynamic Block Rotation

RFRUSSO

Looks like my point param. isn't linked with my attribute. Point moves along and attrib. stays on it's place. If it would be possible, can you go true the creating process step by step. Sorry for this, but thnx in advance.

Edited by BelCAD

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dbroada

• BelCAD

• Cad64

• RFRUSSO

Top Posters In This Topic

What I would do is......

Draw all the elements in ModelSpace including the ATTDEF. Use BLOCK to make them into one block and then BEDIT them to get access to the dynamic actions. The block editor can be openned directly from BLOCK but I usually forget this bit.

add Rotation parmeter at base point and point parameter at insert point of attribute.

add Rotate action selecting all bits except attribute

add move action to Position parameter selecting just the attribute

select the Point parameter and ensure "Chain Action" is set to yes

edit--------------------

I also set the point parameter to have 0 grips.

end edit ---------------

exit block editor and test block

Edited by dbroada
thought of something else

:D Yes! That does it. No it works like it should. Thanks again for the explaining reply and the effort!! Now just need to make sure the attribute stays out of the symbol when rotating and it's perfect.

I don't use this phase often but that was brilliant! Perfect example of thinking outside the box lolol I love it!

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Old thread, I realize... but am bumping again!

First off, you're awesome! Thank you for the instructions! I now have a working compass.

However, I tried to do this with all four cardinal directions moving, N, S, E, and W. I can only ever get one to go at a time. Fine for now, I just stuck with North. But is there a way to get them all to go? I did four SEPARATE point and move commands all the exact same way, and only the N moves.

Just curious as to if anyone knows why?

• 1 year later...

Sorry for re-erecting an old thread but this is an awesome resolution.

I had found another way that I have been using by defining a new text style and setting it to annotative and match text orientation to layout but you need to have annotative set and that can cause issues.

• 3 months later...

I spent hours trying to figure this out! NICE WORK, unfortunately it doesn't work with ATTDEF (variable text), however using your dwg, I was able to rotate the other elements of the block and the variable text is static. YAY!

Now I need to figure out how to multiply the ATTDEF and get it to spit out a different number! LOL

Thanks Dbroada!

I don't think they're locked. I'll try locking them and see what happens. Thanks for the tip!

On a side note I managed to tweak the dynamic blocks to produce the results I needed using the "Block Table" to proudce the data. Pity you can't have more than one block table.

Thanks again dbroada!