The rise/drop symbol size is the same for all pipe sizes

Siberian

I deal with pipes that vary from Ø10 mm to Ø200 mm. When placing pipes vertically it would be helpfull if the size of the rise/drop symbol reflected the actual diameter - at least to some extent - perhaps limited downwards to avoid very small symbols. The settings I've found regarding rise/drop size seem to change them all to the same size regardless of the actual pipe size. Can something be done about this? Thank you!

You can if you use double line piping.

-TZ

Yes I know, I should have mentioned that I was thinking of single line. But I did find some answers online explaining that this wasn't actually possible :( I did however find a roadmap from Autodesk mentioning coming changes to rise/drop. Sadly I don't believe the changes will affect the issue I'm talking about here.

Yes I know, I should have mentioned that I was thinking of single line. But I did find some answers online explaining that this wasn't actually possible :( I did however find a roadmap from Autodesk mentioning coming changes to rise/drop. Sadly I don't believe the changes will affect the issue I'm talking about here.
This isn't really an "issue" though. Single line is schematic and meant to be. What you're wanting to do is merge two domains together in the same view - a scaled and a schematic version of the same thing all in one.

What is your ultimate end goal with having single lined pipe with scaled rise/drops? There are other ways in Revit to achieve these results.

-TZ

This isn't really an "issue" though. Single line is schematic and meant to be. What you're wanting to do is merge two domains together in the same view - a scaled and a schematic version of the same thing all in one.

What is your ultimate end goal with having single lined pipe with scaled rise/drops? There are other ways in Revit to achieve these results.

What makes it an issue for me is that we have a national standard concerning this type of thing that dictates that rise/drop symbols should be at least X, and display the actual dimension for sizes above X - even if horizontal pipes are displayed in single line. This standard has been around since the pen and paper days and is what everyone in my country adheres to - no matter how weird and senseless it might seem to others.

I have a number of horizontal pipes of different sizes that run into a vertical shaft. If the rise symbols were the actual size it would more easily convey my thoughts concerning the position of the pipes with respect to each other - not so much requiring the worker to visualize the actual size on his own in order to comment on it. Sure I can make another view on the side using fine detail level to display the shaft, but it would be even better if I didn't need to. What other ways are you thinking of that could bring me at least closer to what I want to achieve?

Appreciating the help as always :)

I guess your country will need to update it's standards to fit new, better technology.

The other way to achieve this is just as you were thinking - create another View. You can create a new view that has a thin View Range area, say 1'-0" from floor to AFF where all you see is the pipe risers. Tag them, and keep the view/category as Fine Detail to create true to scale OD's. That's if you want to keep it parametric.

If you don't care about the parametric bidirectional capability, then simply hide the turn down/up symbols and draw in a circle to scale and use normal Annotation Text. Mixing non-intelligent text and linework is highly discouraged, however, for obvious reasons.

-TZ