zei

Need precise gear profile for cnc wire cut

zei

I need to draw the gears profile for CNC wire cut to do the job.. I only got few details of the gear.. outside diameter = 248mm or I think 9.75", number of teeth = 69 PCS .. it is deformed that's why my details are those numbers only.. than you in advance.

zei

sorry I forgot to sat that I'm using AUTOCAD 2010 thankyou.

BIGAL

First thing is it metric or imperial this is critical as gears are made to high tolerances like 1/1000 inch. What is shape of the gear tooth ? Drawing the gear is not that hard once you have all the correct geometry details. There are gear lisp programs search for one.

zei

I'm not sure if it is imperial because when I measured the O.D I got exactly 9.75" and that's the only thing I can measure because its deformed. I tried one of the gear lisp I also found it here but no gear match eve the O.D at all. I think I just need to find another lisp for now. sorry even me don't have enough information about the gear at all.. any ways THANK YOU

steven-g

If this is to be the same as an existing gear, then you need a lot more information, take a look at this How-to-2D-Draw-A-Tooth-of-Gear