Transition time between versions

sandiegophil

Hello,

I am moving a number of people to a new version of civil 3d. I'm looking for timelines others have used to transition to a newer version as I have encountered 'hesitation' in the past. Any and all insight and experience is appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

I wasn't very clear on that.

There are no issues with the software. The hesitation is all staff generated every time I upgrade, no solid reasons ever provided. My goal is to have the new version available and after (this is the number I am asking for) months, disable the previous version.

Thanks,

Phil

Of course when we roll out a new version, we leave the older version on, but not for a specific time period. Quite frankly, the old versions rarely get UNinstalled. We just don't install them when that user gets a new PC, and most users are on a 3 year hardware rotation. Since we are talking about C3D, once they upgrade or start a new project, then everyone working on that project must use the newer version. (Generally speaking..... I know that 2018 and 2019 are pretty much compatible)

We updated from 2016 to 2019 and basically everyone must be on 2019 so we don't have version issues, one suggestion is we have some lisps to make the upgrade easier setting paths, menus etc and we made a script for each users toolbars, just get the names, dwt was resaved as 2019xx.dwt and is set as default using the lisp. We save a workspace and a ARG for those times when menu's disappear which has happened even with 2019.

We were about to load 2018 and 2019 came out. My box has 2016, 2018 and 2019.

Only hiccup was a 3rd pary application and found out we had not paid for updates but that is sorted now.

All,

Thanks for your time and information, your help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Phil