Glass size tool - block frustration

Hello fellow CADpeople,

I have been trying and googling for a while but I cannot find an answer.

I am using an attribute block to display type, dimensions and weight parameters of a glass plate. The blocks are used inside drawings of windowframes but when they are stretched/edited, the blocks remain the same size and I have to stretch them one by one again manually. So I'm basically looking for a way to get this kind of block to stretch the 'regular' way, without the use of the grip handles. Is there a way to use this more efficiently? Thanks a lot in advance Attachment: when the middle part of the window is stretched to the right, the line of "G01" remains where it is.

Is there a way to use this more efficiently? Thanks a lot in advance

Attachment: Example; when the middle part of the window is stretched to the right, the line of "G01" remains where it is.

example.jpg

Thanks BIGAL,

There are no lock icons along the dimension, is it possible that this is because they are linked to the weight and size formulas?

By the way, I am using Autocad LT and do not see the constraints tab at the authoring palettes. Currently there are no locks visible at the horizontal/vertical parameters. How do I get this block to stretch in de drawing? (without the use of stretch grip handles).

blockeditor.jpg

By the way, I am using Autocad LT and do not see the constraints tab at the authoring palettes. Currently there are no locks visible at the horizontal/vertical parameters. How do I get this block to stretch in de drawing? (without the use of stretch grip handles).
AutoCad LT doesn't have constraints. It only has the ability to turn pre-existing constraints from AutoCad full, off or on, and of course delete them. The buttons are there somewhere. Maybe try looking at the ribbon display drop down, and add them if you like.

Thanks Dana should have read using LT. 2 ways around get AutoCAD or something else, export the attributes to excel and have some fantastic macro that redraws the window. Not as silly as it sounds excel has VBA.

AutoCad LT doesn't have constraints. It only has the ability to turn pre-existing constraints from AutoCad full, off or on, and of course delete them. The buttons are there somewhere. Maybe try looking at the ribbon display drop down, and add them if you like.

I found it, but it does not work (see attachment) seems there are no constraints.

Is there no simple way to reconstruct this block? I am no Excel-hero, it does seem like a crazy workaround!

constraints.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, SLW210 said:

The drawing you uploaded does not look exactly like the image in your original post.

That is right, that image was just to illustrate the application/usage of the block.

So it is basically just the purple rectangle in the .dwg file; it can't be stretched using regular "stretch".
It works with the grip handles but that is very time consuming and the problem of this post.
(for example when i stretch a window i want the block to stretch along)

Hope you guys can help..!