Opening Autocad 2018 covers my windows taskbar

bld8

When I open Acad 2018 it covers my windows (10 pro) taskbar until I toggle the drawing window "restore down" then up again. Then the windows taskbar at the bottom of the screen shows. I have tried the shortcut set to Maximize & Normal Window upon open. Same thing. I'd like to be able to see the windows taskbar, start button, clock, notification area, etc. on application start rather than fiddle with the window every instance. I don't remember this issue in Acad 2012.

Does your system do this with other Windows apps? Because in some versions you can set the taskbar to automatically hide.

cyberangel Thank you for replying. I do not have the taskbar to set hide. That was a logical suggestion to check though: good idea!

Tombu. I am familiar with writing some lisp assuming it hasn't changed too much since acad 2012. The link you supplied to seems to give an answer. Being my first post I really TRIED to search for a previous thread. I am very grateful you found that. It may be because I'm running integrated graphics (for now) or my 1280 x 1024 monitor situation. I think the lisp idea is probably the solution. I'm sorry I couldn't find that thread. Thank you again for bringing it to my attention!:)

cyberangel Thank you for replying. I do not have the taskbar to set hide. That was a logical suggestion to check though: good idea!

Tombu. I am familiar with writing some lisp assuming it hasn't changed too much since acad 2012. The link you supplied to seems to give an answer. Being my first post I really TRIED to search for a previous thread. I am very grateful you found that. It may be because I'm running integrated graphics (for now) or my 1280 x 1024 monitor situation. I think the lisp idea is probably the solution. I'm sorry I couldn't find that thread. Thank you again for bringing it to my attention!:)

Me too :o:o:o:o :o

• 2 years later...

I too have inherited this problem after getting a new PC with Win 10 on it. I'm running AutoCAD LT 2019.

I have updated Win 10, Updated my Nvidia Quadro Drivers, tried messing around with "RUN in normal window" under properties, changed compatibility settings all to no avail. It's driving me mad. I tried running it in a window manual streched to near the screen limits but then it's hard to pop out the layer manager which i have on left hand side of screen. Has anyone figured out an answer to this? It's getting tedious minimising and maximising the window everytime I run AutoCAD.

Edited by Daz Seaton
autocad version

• 2 years later...

This issue seems to be related to multi-monitor systems. And still affected Acad2020

Also, when opening second file, it resizes the window to show the taskbar, so that sound like a bug to me..

As a work around I'm using this in acad.lsp

(defun-q startupMax ( / app)
  (setq app (vlax-get-acad-object)) 
  (mapcar (function (lambda (x) (vla-put-WindowState app x))) (list acMin acMax))
  (setq S::STARTUP startupPrev)
  (print "maximized")
  (princ)
)
(setq startupPrev S::STARTUP)
(setq S::STARTUP (append S::STARTUP startupMax))
(vl-load-com)
(princ)

It works fine, however it's being executed with each drawing. How can I make it run only once when application started and all routines finished loading?