aban

Ortho with 45 degrees

tzframpton
3 hours ago, Cad64 said:

I understand about the 45 degree increments but what I don't understand is why he only wants 0, 45 and 90? He has said that several times so I'm assuming he doesn't want 135, 180, 225, 270 and 315. I don't understand why those other angles are a problem? And I'm not even sure if a custom command will be able to do what he wants because those other angles are automatically generated when you initiate a 45 degree angle snap.

Polar Tracking works great for me, but as you said, if he wants a true lock down of the cursor, he will have to get someone to help customize that.

True, it is confusing. The user keeps saying "Ortho plus 45°", which is hard to interpret. In my mind I think the user wants ortho angles, then each 45 angle in between. 8 angles total is how I am seeing it. 

-TZ

Cad64

Yep, that's what I thought too, but every time someone mentions Polar Tracking, the OP says no, he only wants 0, 45 and 90. So yeah, I'm confused. Lol

aban
1 hour ago, tzframpton said:

True, it is confusing. The user keeps saying "Ortho plus 45°", which is hard to interpret. In my mind I think the user wants ortho angles, then each 45 angle in between. 8 angles total is how I am seeing it. 

-TZ

Yes correct. That's what I'd want. Thank you.

aban
6 hours ago, tzframpton said:

He's just wanting to lock down a 45° incremental angle only with his mouse. Not possible without some type of customization as far as I know. 

I'm getting confused with "only 45 and 90 degree angles" because 45° factors into 90°, so the request for 90° is irrelevant I'm assuming? The angles he's wanting locked down, as I see it, are as follows:

• 45°
  • 90°
  • 135°
  • 180°
  • 225°
  • 270°
  • 315°

Polar Tracking can achieve the above, but it sounds like the user wants a true "lock down" of the cursor movement path. If this is all accurate then I do believe a customization would be in place. 

-TZ

Yeah this is exactly what I'd like. I'll have to go to the lisp section for this then.  Thank you very much!

• Like 1

hanhphuc
Posted (edited)

hi I just notice this, for further discussion at AutoCAD customization

example: draw line command

L45.gif

p/s: IMO the reason orthomode  must be  0d-90d due to we must consider Z not just X,Y.

if you customize ortho 45 there would be 2 different results (either XY plane & 45d or Z elevation).

ie: you can write routine but only works in the XY plane.

Edited by hanhphuc
GIF

RobDraw

When I figured out how to use polar/object snap tracking, I dropped ortho like a hot potato and never looked back. 

Edited by RobDraw
  • Like 1

f700es
On 9/27/2018 at 1:01 PM, RobDraw said:

When I figured out how to use polar/object snap tracking, I dropped ortho like a hot potato and never looked back. 

^^^^^^^^ THIS! ^^^^^^^^^