New Forum Feedback

CADTutor

Hmm, that's not good. It's not even the case that I can do a find/replace because there's nothing to find :(

I guess the only thing to be done is to correct the instances flagged up as they happen and maybe add a pinned note to explain the problem and a possible generic solution.

• 1 month later...

Is there a new limit on the sizes of images posted to the forum before such images are automatically resized?

I recall on the previous software that this limit was 800x600px, above which any image would be automatically scaled.

However, the GIF in my post here is only 600x400px and yet appears scaled and therefore not sharp. I notice that on hovering over the image, there is the option to 'Enlarge image' which, when clicked, the GIF is then displayed at its original size and becomes sharp.

Is this perhaps a configuration setting in the forum software to enforce a maximum permissible image size, and if so, could it be tweaked at least to allow images up to 800x600px per the previous software?

Many thanks!

22 hours ago, Lee Mac said:

Is there a new limit on the sizes of images posted to the forum before such images are automatically resized?

No, the current setting is larger than that but I can see from your example that the forum is scaling down your image slightly. I can't explain this at the moment. In theory, anything up to 800px should display at 100% providing the viewport is wide enough. Images are automatically scaled responsively in narrow viewports.

I'll look into this.

OK, this should now be fixed. Turns out it was a CSS glitch. The box-sizing property on those images should have been set to "content-box" so that the padding and border get added to the overall element size, without affecting the image size. By default, it's set to "border-box", which means the padding and border were subtracted from the overall element size and the image had to shrink slightly to accommodate this. I've modified the CSS in this theme to correct this and your image now looks sharp.

5 hours ago, CADTutor said:

OK, this should now be fixed. Turns out it was a CSS glitch. The box-sizing property on those images should have been set to "content-box" so that the padding and border get added to the overall element size, without affecting the image size. By default, it's set to "border-box", which means the padding and border were subtracted from the overall element size and the image had to shrink slightly to accommodate this. I've modified the CSS in this theme to correct this and your image now looks sharp.

Fantastic! Many thanks for correcting this so promptly David, much appreciated. 👍

• 1 month later...