Forum Speed

David Bethel

I found the forum to be unresponsive most of yesterday and was unable to post; today I am able to post to the forum, but there is still a significant delay loading pages (with the browser waiting for a response from the CADTutor server).

Edited by Lee Mac

It seemed like it was back to normal yesterday afternoon, but now I see it's being slow again. I just sent and email to David. Hopefully he can the problem resolved quickly.

Hi All, apologies for the late reply, I've been away on holiday this week and tried to stay offline, so only just catching up. It looks as though there has been some sort of event this week; the server has seen a massive increase in http requests but traffic and bandwidth have remained stable. It's possible that it was some sort of attack but I'm still investigating. The server isn't quite back to normal but nothing like the level seen in the first half of last week. I'm keeping my eye on it for now and will report back. Thanks all for reporting this incident and apologies for the inconvenience.

• Like 1

Just an update on the situation. It looks like the site is the target of a bot attack, which is continuing. However, I'm putting some defences in place that should start to take effect over the next 24 hours.

• Thanks 2

Thanks for the update.  I noticed this morning that only the main page was slow loading.  The sub-sections and individuals pages ran pretty fast.  Weird 

Good luck !

you sure this server isn't at Area51?  The naruto runners are srambling our sensors.  Are you sure this isn't one of those "dude, run" scenarios?

:)

ChriS

UPDATE: From my end, things look like they are getting back to normal and server load is now stabilised. Let me know how it's looking from your end.