Action Planner for Productivity

therock005

When drawing on Autocad there are always little things i have to remember to do and i usually write these down to be able to recall them, and get to the finished product. I'm wondering if there some kind of tool, routine or whatever that can help with that. Like have a panel to the side, write things you want to get done, and even link them to actions interactively. Like lets say i want to remember to change some font. Write on some side bar a "change font" task and when clicking on it, it prompts to select text entities that i want that specific property to change. Or lets say i want to remember to label the dimensions and i wirte label walls and the dimensioning dialog appear when i click on that task

Could there be something like that, to help with remember all those minor details that are inside my head each time

I just use Notepad. Before I close down my drawings for the day, I open Notepad and jot down all the things I need to remember to do tomorrow.

As for having Autocad interact with your notes in a side bar, I'm not sure how you would go about doing that. There is nothing within the program that will do what you're asking. You would need some sort of custom utility, but even then I'm not sure how it would work? It would have to be intuitive enough to read your notes and pick out certain key words that would trigger certain actions. Seems pretty complicated. 😕

Like Cad64 very hard to write artificial intelligence, one thing though you could at least have a link between dwg name and the saved notepad file and when you open a dwg check if a file exists then open it. Simple lisp in your autoload startup no need for a flashy reactor. Same thing with new or edit existing open/create a file with dwg name.

I'm already writing multiline entires inside the drawings for the todos but thats too plain. I was thinking if no such thing exists, some kind of a routine that links the text to the command.

For example lets say my to do is "connect lines through the points". When i select this interactive text i will have it linked with the line command, and then the line operation will start

If you start your notes with the actual command name eg. "line - connect through the points"

then this code will take the first word and issue it as a command.

(defun C:todo()
  (setq txt(vla-get-TextString(vlax-ename->vla-object (car (entsel)))))
  (command (substr txt 1(setq position (vl-string-search " " txt))))
)

I place a block with a number in my DWG.

This block had a number attribute and a message attribute.

With the press of a button, i get a autocad table with all my notes sorted out.

Delete the block, refresh teh table, and tadaa, i got less to remember. 🙂

Maybe taking Steven-g and aftertouch ideas a bit further adding to the write a text file as I suggested you could make a table, make mtext or read the line from the file and start the command repeating till an end of file is reached, you can also append to a file new stuff to do, thinking a bit more you could save inside the drawing using xdata. 

Here is a simple start started playing with this at work. Put these into autoload lisp.

(defun c:todo ( / dwgname dwgpre todofname )
  (setq dwgname (GETVAR "dwgname"))
  (setq dwgname (substr dwgname 1 (- (strlen dwgname) 4)))
  (setq dwgpre (getvar "dwgprefix"))
  (setq todofname (strcat dwgpre dwgname ".Txt" ))
  (startapp "notepad" todofname)
)

(defun chktodo ( / dwgname todoname found)
(setq todoname (strcat (getvar "dwgprefix")  dwgname ".txt" ))
(setq found (findfile todoname))
(if (/= found nil)
(startapp "notepad" todoname)
(princ "Todo")
)
)
(chktodo)
(defun c:tododel ( / dwgname todoname)
(setq todoname (strcat (getvar "dwgprefix")  dwgname ".txt" ))
(vla-file-delete todoname) 
)

Edited by BIGAL

• 8 months later...

Hello,
Please help
I want to open the file in WordPad. This works fine if there is no "." In the DWG name. or "space" is included. But I can not change the name. How can the Lisp
accept the point to make it work?
Thank you

Example file name:
This name does not work "179062-0000018159-Fa. Martin.dwg"
This name works "179062-0000018159-FaMartin.dwg"

(defun c:todo ( / dwgname dwgpre todofname )
  (setq dwgpre (getvar "dwgprefix"))
  (setq todofname (strcat dwgpre dwgname ".Txt" ))
  (startapp "write" todofname)
)
(defun chktodo ( / dwgname todoname found)
(setq todoname (strcat (getvar "dwgprefix")  dwgname ".txt" ))
(setq found (findfile todoname))
(if (/= found nil)
(startapp "write" todoname)
(princ "Todo")
)
)

Its probably not the . period that is stopping it but rather when you go to DOS command level it will look at what you are asking as

Write   179062-0000018159-Fa.       Martin.dwg

so the file 179062-0000018159-Fa. does not exist. No cad at moment may be doable via a strcat implying the " as start and end of string.

WRITE "179062-0000018159-Fa.  Martin.dwg" is what is required. tested on CMD Notepad "d:\alan\ch ange.log" and it opened.

Try 

(startapp "write" (strcat (chr34) todoname (chr 34))

Edited by BIGAL

I know this thread is a year old, but for those wandering through this thread, I use a program called Wrike. There are many programs like it out there but for task management it's almost unbeatable by any other method, especially if you read the book Getting Things Done by David Allen, which is largely what the systematic Wrike program was fundamentally built for. 

Link: https://wrike.com

-TZ

3 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Es ist wahrscheinlich nicht das. Punkt, an dem es angehalten wird, aber wenn Sie zur DOS-Befehlsebene wechseln, wird angezeigt, als was Sie fragen

Schreiben Sie   179062-0000018159-Fa. Martin.dwg

also die datei 179062-0000018159-Fa. ist nicht vorhanden. Derzeit kann kein CAD über einen Strcat ausgeführt werden, der "als Anfang und Ende der Zeichenfolge" impliziert.

SCHREIBEN SIE "179062-0000018159-Fa. Martin.dwg". auf CMD Notepad "d: \ alan \ ch ange.log" getestet und es geöffnet.

Thank you BIGAL