Not sure what to call this image uploading issue.

Dana W

A few minutes ago, I tried to drag & drop a *.png image to a thread response.  The result was that my image appeared to open in a web based image viewer, and the "window" I was in had no forum navigation controls except the back arrow on the header, which would only take me back to my unread topics list.  And that wiped out the post I was going to make completely.  I will try and duplicate the error here. I will copy this message and paste it in a new post if the error  occurs and add further info if there is any.  Here goes...

OK, I figured out how it happens.  If you drop the image file anywhere else other than the drop "box" while it is highlighted and wrapped in a dashed line. the image opens in a new window with the LOCAL file name as the web address.  If one is careful and doesn't get lost in the fog of "How in the @#$% did this happen?", one can get back to the postable message by closing the extra window before hitting anything else.

Is the cause simply that I am too old and befuddled to do this computer stuff any more?😮 

More edit.  Oh my.  It is me.  The image opens in a viewer when dragged to ANY webpage and dropped in empty space. I have been using computers since 1982 and have never even done this action one time before.  I didn't even know it would happen.

Can someone bring me some hot cocoa and a blankie?  I'll be here in my rocking chair by the fireplace.😳🤦‍♂️

Edited by Dana W
Not finished
  • Funny 3

22 hours ago, Dana W said:

Is the cause simply that I am too old and befuddled to do this computer stuff any more?😮

Can someone bring me some hot cocoa and a blankie?  I'll be here in my rocking chair by the fireplace.😳🤦‍♂️

I think we've all been there at one time or another. I know I've been there a time or two, or three. 😄

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SLW210 said:

Maybe you need something stronger than hot cocoa!

I make my own custom Half & Half to power up the cocoa.  I hadda move to the porch after the first one.  It makes me a little flat... uh can I say that here?

1 hour ago, Cad64 said:

I think we've all been there at one time or another. I know I've been there a time or two, or three. 😄

It's a very large club.  Us Boomers are all getting ripe at the same time.

• Like 1