Jim Clayton

Bypass Double Click on Attributes with keyboard Shortcut?

Jim Clayton

I work with Bills Of Materials daily.  They are built using blocks that contain attributes.  Lots and lots of double clicking then clicking "OK".  Does anyone know of a faster method to get in/out of the attributes, manipulate them, then on to the next one...via keyboard shortcut?  Please and Thank You for all assistance.

BIGAL

Hold control and click attribute ?

Jim Clayton

Interesting.  This may shave off some time.  Any chance you have any tricks up your sleeve for jumping from attribute to attribute using only the keyboard?  Example: One BOM line consisting of 6 attributes for Item, QTY, UOM, Description, Material, Part Number....followed by another similar line, and another and another, etc.  Fill in one line, then jump to the next one all via keyboard.  Thanks for the help.

SLW210

Use ENTER to move from one to the next.

Jim Clayton

I may need to be a bit more clear. First, appreciate the help. Clarifying, think of it as rows. A block (row) with six attribute fields. Fill one in, enter, on to the next till all six have been filled in. I'm trying to jump to the next block (row) beneath it to fill out the next six attributes. So I guess the actual question is jumping between stacked blocks like you would table between cells in Excel, via keyboard. Possible? Thanks for the help.

tzframpton

Do the attributes show up in the properties palette? Would that be any faster?

Metachik

Surely doing them in Excel is easier?  I do my schedules of works and bills of quantities in Excel and just copy and paste them in.

SLW210

If you are already doing these in Excel, I just use a DATALINK from Excel to AutoCAD Table. Forget Blocks and Attributes.