What's Up With Hatch Grips ?

Bill Tillman

I have a rectangular shaped hatch, it's for a 1/4" tall by 4" long space. I was wanting to edit it's boundaries but what I see when I select it is only a single blue dot grip in the middle of the hatch. There is nothing at the perimeters like I am expecting.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SLW210

• Macruairidh

• Cad64

• Bill Tillman

A single grip means the hatch is associative. If you stretch the rectangle the hatch will move and stretch with the boundary.

If the hatch has grips at all the corners then it is not associative. If you stretch the rectangle, the hatch will not move and stretch with the boundary.

If you want to see all the grips at the corners, select the hatch and then go into your Properties palette, in the "Pattern" section, and set "Associative" to No.

Here's what I get. As you can see, the associative hatch has one grip in the center and the non-associative hatch has grips on all corners. Maybe there's a setting that controls grip display?

Hatch.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It sounds like you want to change the hatch boundaries, but not the rectangle, so you've got to lose the hatches association with the rectangle... click on the hatch > right click > hatch edit > untick associative

• 5 years later...

I have autocad 2018 and my grips do not show up on hatch patterns. Associative is off but still no hatch grips

What should GRIPMULTIFUNCTIONAL VALUE BE? Mine is set to 3. I have never had this issue in other versions of AutoCAD. I attached my a screenshot of my Hatch Editor

HatchEdit Autocad 2018.jpg

Check your HPBOUND System Variable setting,

as shown in the screenshot, taken from SYSVDLG (to accessthe belly of the beast).

I believe you want it set to "1".

You may need to check your HPBOUNDRETAIN variable setting too, and I believe you want it to be set to "1" also.

In the screenshot, with the HATCH Settings dialog box fully opened,

you can see the Island Detection Settings too, in case neither of the earlier suggestions has gotten you back on the tracks?

image.thumb.png.0ed8a1edd26368b38f116b431080553e.png

image.thumb.png.8f44a9abf5ef5298d859bd6473eaf3b5.png

image.png

Edited by Dadgad
additional variable consideration again

16 hours ago, Macruairidh said:

What should GRIPMULTIFUNCTIONAL VALUE BE? Mine is set to 3. I have never had this issue in other versions of AutoCAD. I attached my a screenshot of my Hatch Editor

My Gripmultifuntion is 3 and I get grips on all my hatches, associated or not.

You haven't posted a .dwg yet.

8 hours ago, Dadgad said:

Check your HPBOUND System Variable setting,

as shown in the screenshot, taken from SYSVDLG (to accessthe belly of the beast).

I believe you want it set to "1".

You may need to check your HPBOUNDRETAIN variable setting too, and I believe you want it to be set to "1" also.

In the screenshot, with the HATCH Settings dialog box fully opened,

you can see the Island Detection Settings too, in case neither of the earlier suggestions has gotten you back on the tracks?

I get grips no matter those settings values.

On 1/21/2024 at 7:47 PM, Macruairidh said:

HatchEdit Autocad 2018.jpg

In Hatch Edit press Recreate boundary

Should be grips with or without a boundary.

With my settings, I get grips on all Hatches, associated or not region boundary or polyline.

Macruairidh states no grips on any configuration, not sure a Sysvar will help, with the settings posted, at least on some configurations.

Hence the need for a drawing.

Hatch Grips.png

• 2 months later...