Line at angle relative to existing line

NoroZorro

Hello forum!!!

I want to draw a line relative to an angle of existing line.

When polar tracking is on Autocad shows a reference line in particular way. Not from existing line as I want. My turn around is, I draw a new line at the same direction as existing and then rotate it in + Or - angle desired.

My question is: Is there a quicker way of doing this?

Thank you

Am I correct in assuming that the existing line, is not always the last line drawn?

Also, are you always drawing the same angles, relative to something, such as 15, 30, 45, etc., or do you need to be able to set that to anything on the fly?

You may want to look into the UCS command.  You can select the existing line to adjust the X and Y axis directions

Remember to reset the UCS back to it's previous value.  -David

You could also set the snapangle = to the line segment, then add or subtract from that to get the desired angle, and turn ortho on.

Lisp or macros would help set the snapang, and then the final angle.

Try arraypolar followed by as n i 2 a angle

For example: the following will make a non-associative copy at an angle of 30°.

Command: ARRAYPOLAR
Select objects: 1 found
Select objects:
Type = Polar  Associative = Yes
Specify center point of array or [Base point/Axis of rotation]:  <--- pick rotation center
Select grip to edit array or [ASsociative/Base point/Items/Angle between/Fill angle/ROWs/Levels/ROTate items/eXit]<eXit>: as Create associative array [Yes/No] <Yes>: n
Select grip to edit array or [ASsociative/Base point/Items/Angle between/Fill angle/ROWs/Levels/ROTate items/eXit]<eXit>: i
Enter number of items in array or [Expression] <6>: 2
Select grip to edit array or [ASsociative/Base point/Items/Angle between/Fill angle/ROWs/Levels/ROTate items/eXit]<eXit>: a
Specify angle between items or [EXpression] <180>: 30
Select grip to edit array or [ASsociative/Base point/Items/Angle between/Fill angle/ROWs/Levels/ROTate items/eXit]<eXit>: x

If I understand your question correctly, your best solution may be the Rotate command. You can specify the Copy option once you select the object and the base point. It's one command instead of two and gives you the flexibility of typing in any angle (or using polar tracking if it's on).

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2018 at 6:12 PM, CyberAngel said:

If I understand your question correctly, your best solution may be the Rotate command. You can specify the Copy option once you select the object and the base point. It's one command instead of two and gives you the flexibility of typing in any angle (or using polar tracking if it's on).

Also, look into the MOCORO command which allows multiple move, copy, rotate and scale commands without exiting. Doesn't allow rotation or scaling referencing though.