Attached DWG displays incorrectly

BjK

New to this but i'll give it a go.

The attached screenshots show a conveyor I am working on. As shown in the base drawing versus the how it appears in the 'MASTER' drawing once attached

File Untitled - 1 is as displayed in original

File Untitled 2 is as displayed once attached

image.png.5fbf05654200dd554e55283a0cb52a3c.png

Need help.

Thanks

Untitled-1-01.png

Untitled-2-01.png

All layers visable and thawed.

Images are in model space - appears the same in paperspace

It seems to happen when i move objects in the inserted dwg, to align to 0,0,0. (I always do this prior to attachment to master drawing). The inserted drawing looks correct on the screen but when attached as xref it goes haywire. Happens also when inserted as a block but not as often

The only way i have corrected it sofar is to identify misaligned objects - go to source drawing - move those objects - then move then back - save drawing - then reload drawing in master document. VERY time consuming

I have tried regen and purge in both files but no luck

Any help appreciated - thanks

5 minutes ago, BjK said:

The only way i have corrected it sofar is to identify misaligned objects - go to source drawing - move those objects - then move then back

What do you mean by "misaligned objects"? Can you post the dwg so we can take a look? It sounds like the model was not built correctly.

Please attach a copy of the problematic drawing to your next post.  If the file size is too large upload it to a file sharing website such as DropBox and post a link to the file here.

7 hours ago, BjK said:

Misaligned as per image 2 compared to image 1

It's difficult to tell what's happening in the images, but it appears that maybe the model was created while looking at it from one viewing angle only. This is not a good way to work in 3D. You need to constantly orbit around and look at the model from different angles. If you build the model while looking at it from one side only, it's possible that some parts of the model could be constructed far away from other parts of the model. That would explain why you have to go back to the source drawing and move some objects back to their proper location on the model.

Always viewed from multiple angles. The orbit tool is on of my favourites.

That is another of my issues - the toolbar it is located on vanishes from time to time. The only way to get it back is to switch to paperspace then back to modelspace and it appears again

Well, if you built the model correctly in the source drawing, I don't know what the problem could be. It might help if you could provide your dwg files, but if that's not possible, I guess you're on your own. Unless someone else has some suggestions?

Good luck.

3 hours ago, BjK said:

Sorry cant upload. No permission from the owner of some of the components.

I know that makes it hard

Is the owner aware of the problem?  If the answer is "yes" wouldn't he like to see the problem resolved?  No one here is going to steal your drawing and pass it off as their own.  Many of us have reviewed hundreds of drawings and I have yet to see one complaint by the persons that provided them.

22 hours ago, BjK said:

Always viewed from multiple angles. The orbit tool is on of my favourites.

That is another of my issues - the toolbar it is located on vanishes from time to time. The only way to get it back is to switch to paperspace then back to modelspace and it appears again

That sounds like a graphics card/driver issue. I have seen poorly made components from outside sources create weird problems.