Revit COLOR

mattador04

Hi

I've had a rough time trying to add color to objects in Revit. Is there anyone who could assist me?

I have a family, considered 'specialty equipment'. I am trying to have different types of this family, each with its own unique color. I can't get it to function. I know that your visual style setting (realistic, wireframe, ray trace etc..) is a factor, but nothing seems to work. I do not want to go to MANAGE>OBJECT STYLES.... and call every instance of 'specialty equipment' (of which there are many families and types) the one same color. I need different, unique colors.

I would be grateful for any help offered.

-MR

First question should be: why do you want them to be different colors to begin with? Can you write up an example of what you're ultimately trying to achieve? There are several ways to do this in Revit but depending on your end goal this may narrow down the way you do it. 

-TZ

• 2 weeks later...

The colors will be applied to 'panels' on a building, and will represent levels of difficulty in making them/putting them on the wall. Ideally, I wish to have a family with different types - each type will have its own unique color. This is the goal. I wish to, in a 3D view, go to a 'paneled surface', choose one of the family objects representing the 'panel', and select between different types of the family - and have the 'panel' change its COLOR - NOT size, shape, orientation, etc...

Once again, I am grateful for any assistance offered.

-MR

You can do this manually, or you can do this inside the Family itself and have a Filter read a parameter in the Family and change the color. At the end of the day, coloring things is pretty but maybe a tag or label would be better. 

-TZ

1. Thanks for the response.

2. Tags & labels are utilized for this process as well. The colors are very much a part of the process and are needed.

3. I do not wish to do it manually, so, let's zero in on this idea of "...do this inside the family and have a filter read a parameter...". The family should have four (4) types. 1. cyan 2. lt green 3. lt         red 4. magenta

I'm all ears :)

-MR

• 4 weeks later...