Mark As Read

David Bethel

1st off, thanks for all the teaks and adjustments to the new site.  It's coming together nicely.

I did like the way that the old forum automatically marked all threads as read when you exited the session. 

Now it is manually clicked at the bottom of the main page.

Is this an option or a mandatory setting?

If it can be set,  what do others think of it ?

-David

1 hour ago, David Bethel said:

I did like the way that the old forum automatically marked all threads as read when you exited the session.

Yes, the new forum does handle this differently. Personally, I found the old way of content automatically being marked as read once a user had been inactive for more than 15 minutes a bit annoying, but I can see your point.

As far as I'm aware, there is no way to change the way this works, either globally or by user. To some extent, the new activity streams feature makes this less important. There are a number of activity presets but you can also make your own to, for example, show you all new content since you last visited. Have a look at those options and see what you think.