HELP Trying to create 3D shape with Writing

CMAGEE94

I was about 1/2 way to posting and had to go out on-site so did not post earlier but 1st step get "Seants text 2 geometry" works fantastic in exploding text.

As you know the measurements I struggled a bit you draw a circle say of the 1/2 dia of inside / outside. Then very simply draw radial lines for the text positions use rotate3d to stand the text up use x axis option, it will look like little lines, then rotate sq to  the radials use extrude making bigger than ring, move extruded to say about 1/2 way along the radial need a inside outside of the extrude. Move vertical all the extrudes as they will be at z =0. 0,0,0 0,0,50. 

A couple of choices you can subtract the extrudes use an offset from your shape both inside and outside. 3d text will appear. See post by f700es.

If you want smarter rotate in 3d to the slope of object the text will be true 90 to surface when trimmed. 

I have ran out of time at the office where I had something maybe tomorrow.

There is no editable TEXT in your drawing.(You can proof it easily by exploding the drawing objects).

But I'm working on a project to project all linework from a design area onto REVSURF's. 

Let's stay in touch

Regards

Jochen

www.ant-ares.de

Had another go the steps

ARCTEXT enter text EXPLODE

Chose font

txtexp cleaned up and made plines

Extruded and subtracted for true 3d shape

Use a radial line the a 90 degree line at end 

ROTATE3D pick 3dsolid and used 2 point option on the 90 line and angle 90

Repeated for I and G in image