Civil 3D - Surface with Overhangs

Ziegren

Hello, just want to know if its possible to make surface with overhangs on civil 3d? I have tried creating surface using survey points and 3D faces from 3rd party app but I can't produce the desired surface and cross-section. Attached is a photo(3Dfaces from 3rd party app) of what i want to produce.

IMG_20180920_125138.jpg

Attached is an example, the one on the left side is the actual cross section and the one on the left side is what the civil 3D produced. We do have enough survry data. Any idea on how i can produce the one on the left side? Thank you.

IMG_20180921_150126.jpg

Edited by Ziegren

As far as I know, it's not possible to have a negative slope in a surface. I'm sure that you can't have a zero slope, i.e. a vertical wall, because when you do slope calculations, you end up dividing by zero.

If the goal is just to do 3D modeling, you might be able to create the face horizontally and rotate it so that it's vertical. It wouldn't be a Civil 3D surface, however.