Need help uninstalling/repairing/reinstalling 2011LT

Quik&Easy

I allowed my hard drive to get too full and programs began to act weird. Final straw was when I tried to open 2011LT to do some work and got a blank gray screen and not working. 2 other program that I use all the time, Sigmanest (for programming out waterjet) and Quickbooks were behaving oddly. I was unable to free up space so took it to the repair shop and they cleaned out the junk and got my space back. Sigmanest and QB are running properly but not AutoCAD.  I've tried to uninstall from the control panel but when I execute the uninstaller, it partially opens the program and says I have to close the running program before I can uninstall or repair. I do not get a repair option using the "change/uninstall" button. This is on Win. 7 pro operating system, by the way. 12 gig of RAM and was working perfectly until I tried to open it with a full drive. I learned quite a lesson from letting the drive get full.

Previously,  after getting it back from the shop I had gotten it to open to the point of verifying the license codes and was asked to get new ones, which I did. Repeated tries at entering the new codes were successful as I have numerous responses from no reply at autodesk thanking me for entering the new codes but still just a grey screen when opening. I get the message box verifying license, then another saying the program has to close and I'm back to square one. I have to close that gray box using the task manager.

I'm sure this was caused by not having enough head room on the C drive to open and run the program but now.............

C drive is a 240 gig SSD.  After having the repair shop clean off the temp files, windows upgrade files and other junk, I have over 100 gig free. I had never had a full disc situation before on any computer so I didn't know something like this would happen. My data files are stored on a separate D drive disk, not a partition section of the SSD to I actually have very little on the C drive. I have the autodesk uninstall routine printed out but it starts with using the windows uninstaller so it's a circular problem. 

I downloaded CCleaner and tried to uninstall with that and have the same problem.  I've read where a program called Revo something or other has done well uninstalling stubborn programs but am hesitant to try too many things I'm not familiar with. 

Suggestions would be appreciated. 

Google do a full uninstall of Autocad, There is extra info. You should though be able to do a Repair if its already installed.

One area no body cleans up is the Autocad temp file you will be amazed how much stuff ends up there.

Look at config files temporary directory we repath to c:\acadtemp so its easy to clean up. be aware also it has hidden files so need to see them to delete.

Here is what I use a batch file

cd\
cd acadtemp
del *.log
del *.ac$
DEL *.sv$
del {*.*
del *.err
attrib etrans*.* -h
del etrans*.*

Edited by BIGAL

Thank you for your reply. I'm out of the office most of the day today but will take a look at doing this later. I'm not real savvy when it comes to messing around with command prompts; I sort of understand that I'm working directly in a specific folder, not messing with registry entries and other delicate areas. The conservative side of me will google the term you mentioned to see if brings me an answer that I haven't picked up yet. 

I am also looking at other products as my drafting needs are simple 2d and perhaps it is time to move to technology that is more recent. If I can't restore my 2011 LT then that will be the direction I move. I'm not wedded to Autodesk products.

Have look at Briscad it is really taking on Autodesk, as you say your 8 versions old now. The pro version still like a 1/3 cost of Autocad has lisp so opens that world up to you. You will never look back once you start automating tasks. 

I tried to enter the commands this morning and failed. I got the c prompt from accessories on the start up menu, did the cd\ prompt, ok, attempted to enter the next line of cd (space) acadtemp and got an error message every time. Tried it with the space, no space, with a foreslash like the cd\, with the slash and a space, etc., no success. Is a symbol missing?

Try following the procedure outlined here for a full uninstall of the program and all residual files: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/download-install/remove-products/clean-uninstall

Note: If you're still having trouble reinstalling the program, after performing the full uninstall, you may need to uninstall ALL Autodesk software: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/download-install/remove-products/remove-windows-products#Uninstall peripheral applications.

Or, as Bigal mentioned, give Bricscad a try. You could purchase a full version of Bricscad for much less than upgrading to the newest version of Autocad LT.

I should have posted this before I posted my last one. 

After shutting down the computer completely overnight, I attempted a repair of the installation. Previously, when only putting the machine in to sleep mode, it would not progress and I'd get the errors mentioned in my first post. After the overnight shutdown, the repair progressed what I would deem properly and at the end, I got the message that the repair was successful. When I attempted to open the program, and every attempt  after, I get these 2 dialog boxes.239359177_Cadfaultscreen.thumb.jpg.c6ccd3610fe1a077768a14d436e07cec.jpg1395013051_Cadscreen2.thumb.jpg.3c562dd904c6f5e63af2da82221cd2da.jpg

After every attempt to open, I get an email from autodesk thanking me for registering my product. The new codes they sent me when I first had trouble is a group of 12, while there is a room on the entry box for 16. I don't know if I have both the old and new codes in my operating files somewhere and wouldn't know how to check them if I did.  I wonder if that is contributing to the problem. I don't know that I have the original authorization codes from before this went funky, but do have the new ones issued on 9-25.

It seems I'm very close to having this run correctly and at this point I hesitate to attempt the clean uninstall per the link CAD64 provided; I don't think my knowledge of file manipulation is that keen.  If I have to go that route, I'd prefer someone more savvy than me do it, meaning I'd probably have to take it to the shop.