attribute in block keeps moving

Ibanezboy21

Hi guys,

Anyone know a fix to stop the attribute inside a dynamic block from moving every time u cut/copy and paste from clipboard?

The attribute is 'locked' in position and it doesn't happen all the time which i think is a autocad glitch

Usually only happens if i select a lot of objects or copying the block from drawing to drawing.

A drawing can only have one blockdefinition with a certain name.

If you copy a block from one drawing to another, but that name already exists, it will change the copied block to the looks of the existing block in the other drawing...

I think that is what's happening when you copy to blocks.

Try to rename one of the blocks, and copy then... does it still happen?

Hi Aftertouch,

I'm aware that if i've updated a block and paste it into an old drawing with the older block but same name the block will convert the new block properties backinto the old block but

this also happens when i paste the same block back into the original drawing so i dont think its that

if i use control c and control v it will usually cause this

if i use the hotkey 'c' and left click to paste it works fine

also keep in mind this is not all block, just blocks which have  the attributes linked to a distance parameter within the block (so if i stretch block the attribute will change according to distance)

10 hours ago, Ibanezboy21 said:

also keep in mind this is not all block, just blocks which have  the attributes linked to a distance parameter within the block (so if i stretch block the attribute will change according to distance)

Could it be a scale issue? In other words, the system may be using a different scale to position the block's attribute. Or maybe copying the block resets the attribute to its original position. Scale can change from drawing to drawing. Does the problem happen with certain drawings and not others?

6 hours ago, Ibanezboy21 said:

is there any way to clean them up beside deleting/purge all blocks and inserting them again?

This won't fix your current problem, but one long-term solution is to put these blocks in a "clean" template drawing. Every time you create a new plan, use that template, and ta-da! the blocks come with it.

here is an screenshot of what i mean after i cont+c and cont+v within the drawing

image.png.2846d5ca753a793be88b083322c7c9a2.png

the door size attribute will randomly change positions

image.png.33bab45cd619f07942eed578d3b044c1.png