Drawing in AutoCAD

Ilona

Hello.

Can you tell please, how to draw hard elements in AutoCAD in perspective. 

It takes some time, you need to draw everything yourself, it's different than ArchiCAD.
How to get use with this after ArchiCAD? 

181002.png

ornament.JPG

Well to be fair you can't/shouldn't compare ArchiCAD to vanillia AutoCAD. ArchiCAD is more like AutoCAD Architecture. Why do you need to draw those in perspective?

Drawing in perspective? That's what 3D models are for.

If you build a 3D model, you can then rotate around and view it in perspective from any angle. If you draw something in perspective, that's it. You're stuck with that view only.

Draw the view 2D in front view.

Rotate 45 degrees around the Y-axis.

perspective 2D view. 😉

give all lines a thickes for the depth..

Edited by Aftertouch

On 10/2/2018 at 8:20 PM, f700es said:

Well to be fair you can't/shouldn't compare ArchiCAD to vanillia AutoCAD. ArchiCAD is more like AutoCAD Architecture. Why do you need to draw those in perspective?

Thank you for the answer. I was using ArchiCAD, nowadays need to work in AutoCAD. That's why :) 

Not so easy to remember geometry subject and drawing in perspective.  

On 10/2/2018 at 8:58 PM, Cad64 said:

Drawing in perspective? That's what 3D models are for.

If you build a 3D model, you can then rotate around and view it in perspective from any angle. If you draw something in perspective, that's it. You're stuck with that view only.

Thank you for the answer.

On 10/3/2018 at 11:33 AM, Aftertouch said:

Draw the view 2D in front view.

Rotate 45 degrees around the Y-axis.

perspective 2D view. 😉

give all lines a thickes for the depth..

Thank you!

42 minutes ago, Ilona said:

Thank you for the answer.

We do appreciate your "Thank you's", but next time, instead of quoting everyone and posting "Thank you" several times, just click the little heart icon in the lower right corner of the persons post. This allows you to thank people without cluttering the thread with a bunch of "Thank you" posts. 😉

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Cad64 said:

We do appreciate your "Thank you's", but next time, instead of quoting everyone and posting "Thank you" several times, just click the little heart icon in the lower right corner of the persons post. This allows you to thank people without cluttering the thread with a bunch of "Thank you" posts. 😉

Got you :) 

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Ilona said:

Got you :) 

I see you clicked the heart icon on my last post but you chose the "Confused" option? Was there something you didn't understand about what I wrote? If so, please let me know so I can clarify.

50 minutes ago, Cad64 said:

I see you clicked the heart icon on my last post but you chose the "Confused" option? Was there something you didn't understand about what I wrote? If so, please let me know so I can clarify.

No, thank you, everything was fine. Just became confused a little... heart means "thank you" :)