abraCADabra

Creating a 2D elbow section for a plasma cutter

abraCADabra

I am new to this field of drafting, and I am trying to figure out how to either take a 2d section of a 90° elbow, and create a flat model so it can be cut out on a plasma cutting table, or is there a way to flatshot it from a 3D solid? Any tips on how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated!!!

BIGAL

Are you talking about the unrolled shape ? Or about cutting a series of tube segments and welding back together, search for "Unfolding duct" not my area of expertise.

abraCADabra

Im talking about being able to take a pipe section, and flatten it so you can cut it out of a sheet of metal, then roll it and weld it to make a section. I figured it out so thanks for that assistance

abraCADabra

My next problem is trying to figure out how to do this with a square to round connection. Ive been looking everywhere and I have only found one video, but I cant place the commands that are being used. I was told that Fusion can do this and Im trying to figure it out on Fusion but I think Im missing a step or something because I can make the square to round, but I cant figure out how to unroll it. This has been racking my brain for days now. HELP!!! Ive tried the plugin for unfoldsurf, but it doesnt work on Autocad 2018. Is there another Plugin or a Lisp I can use that will work for 2018?

Edited by abraCADabra

SLW210

See if THIS helps.