3ds Max help

Madruga_SP

Hi friends,

How are you?

I'm inserting 3D objects into Infraworks, because I'm making a project.

And I need a little help to change a object 3D. Anybody could help me please?

I'd like to put a imagem inside the object. Boths files are attached.

Thanks in advance

Fabrício

Billboard N270112.3DS

Lotelar-Horizontal.png

You can't put an image inside a .3ds file. What you need to do is set up UV coordinates for the model and then export a new .3ds file. Then import the new .3ds file into Infraworks and apply the image to the model there.

Or, if you apply the image to the model in 3ds Max, then export to .3ds, the model should import into Infraworks with the image attached, as long as you save the .3ds file and the image in the same folder.

14 hours ago, Cad64 said:

You can't put an image inside a .3ds file. What you need to do is set up UV coordinates for the model and then export a new .3ds file. Then import the new .3ds file into Infraworks and apply the image to the model there.

Or, if you apply the image to the model in 3ds Max, then export to .3ds, the model should import into Infraworks with the image attached, as long as you save the .3ds file and the image in the same folder.

Thank you for replay Cad64

How Can I fix the image, because I couldn't rotate the imagem from Infraworks?

test.JPG

Sorry but I don't use Infraworks, so I don't know. You should try applying the image to the model in 3ds max, as I mentioned in my previous post, and then import the .3ds file again.

4 minutes ago, Cad64 said:

Sorry but I don't use Infraworks, so I don't know. You should try applying the image to the model in 3ds max, as I mentioned in my previous post, and then import the .3ds file again.

Hi

I'm not able to do that, because I don't use 3ds max. 😢

Thanks

Sorry, your thread title says "3ds Max Help", so I thought you had 3ds Max. I guess you will have to find someone who knows Infraworks so they can show you how to apply that image.

Good luck.